How much to edit a 30 min short - details inside - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old November 29th, 2007, 02:49 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini View Post
It is a local film with a 'limited' budget. They have shot 7 hours of footage, none of it is logged. They want it edited down into a 30 minute short, color corrected, sound adjusted, music added (which i don`t do unless they have preselected tracks). Sounds like an awful lot of headache work and time...how much would one charge for this? I`ve edited a few 5-10 minute shorts, 1 wedding, some videos at work, and have been editing small stuff for about 6 years on my own. They want me to tell them a price and I`ve no idea what to charge.
As noted by everyone else, thats a lot of work. They could at least import the footage and do some kind of assembly for you. I do that for my films before I search for an editor. Saves time and makes the small amount I can afford for post not look so tiny :)

I know its a moot point now, but for future reference I would'nt take that job as they offered. Negociate a reduction in work or an increase in pay.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business