Australian Web Host at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old December 21st, 2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Australian Web Host

Hi Everyone!

I know there are several topics out there discussing web hosting for people in other countries (primarily the US), but I'm specifically interested in what people recommend in regards to Australia web hosting?

Thinking about it, does it really matter if my site is hosted outside of Australia? What about technical support? This is obviously something to consider.

Who do all the Australian users on DVi use to host their websites?

Chris!
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:44 AM   #2
Trustee

I use digital pacific

http://www.digitalpacific.com.au/

But I also use GoDaddy in the US. Aus rates are high.

If a search specifies 'pages from Australia' then you might miss out. My acting website is hosted locally for that reason.

You certainly don't NEED a .com.au (I use .info because it's cheaper, for some sites)

US hosting is cheap and reliable - technical support (as in someone on the phone) is not likely but are you going to need that?

Are you designing your own website or getting someone else to do it. If it's properly done you shouldn't really have support needs.

and before you think 'why pay someone to knock up a website - I've got frontpage' the answer should be pretty close to the answer you give when a client says ' why pay for that - uncle Harry's got a camcorder'
Old December 22nd, 2007, 01:38 AM   #3
Trustee

I use Dreamhost in the States. Australia is way to expensive.
http://www.dreamhost.com/

Cheers
Simon
Simon Denny is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business