Non Business Insurance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old April 21st, 2008, 08:05 AM   #1
New Boot

Non Business Insurance

On 01/15/08 I lost (had stolen from my truck in Houston) $8080.00 worth of gear.

The good hands people paid me, after a lot of
investigation/deductable and depreciation approximately $6000.00.

Anybody know if there is a better way to insure my gear then the off premises contents coverage of my homeowners policy.

My agent told me to schedule the individual items and I would get no deductible coverage but it seems a bit expensive.

BTW I'm not in business of photography. I am only a hobbyist but I have acquired a substantial value of equipment....approximately $25K.

Any thoughts? Thanks,

Thomas Bufkin
Thomas Edward Bufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM   #2
Major Player

You can get an "Inland Marine" policy that will insure your equipment or you may need to get a broadcast equipment rider. Both cost money. It may also take some searching with your agent or an independent agent because most of them don't know how to deal with TV gear.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

take alook at state farm insurance. i have policy with them, covers 50k and I am not a business, just a photographer/videographer with a lot of toys
cameras and computers are included in the policy
ken
Kenneth Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I scheduled all of my equipment as part of my renter's insurance. My girlfriend is an agent at allstate in the Dallas area. Email me and I can put you in touch with her.
Corey Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business