Help with pricing needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help with pricing needed

Hi all, I was hired to film a charity concert last month. I was fed audio from the main sound board. I also filmed and recorded five songs of the opening artist. This artist is unsigned and wants to purchase the audio for a live demo to be distributed to potential record companies. I'm a bit stumped on what to charge for something like this? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Michael
Michael Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #2
Trustee

whatever you can get. start high, and see where it goes. never leave money on the table, and COD ! don't for an instant think of handing off anything without payment.

if you wanted me to name a number, you might get $1k if you did some editing on it, maybe $500 for just the raw recording... oh, and ignore *anything* they say about using you down the road blah blah blah. oldest line in the book to try to get you something cheap out of you now.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from ATA to TCB

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:53 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Steve, this is right in line with what I was thinking... Not to worry, I've already fell for that line many times ;-).

Michael
Michael Foo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business