delusional craigslisters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #1
Major Player

delusional craigslisters

Is it me or them?

How much would you pay for a used item that is still available new? Should sales tax be included in the calculations?

I was looking at a hvx200. Guy wanted $4100; B&H had a demo -A model for $4700. He was firm on his price.

A pair of 1k mickey-moles with stands $800.

I sold my vx1000 for $500 with some goodies.

Which of these deals is delusional?
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #2
New Boot

I sold a used HVX for $3000 and was happy to get that. (no p2 cards)
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Major Player

I've read those. There was even one AD selling GL1 for $2000. An HV30 for $ 1000, when brand new cost $ 750.00
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Knowledge is power when it comes to these things. I was about to purchase a Wii when I saw them on Ebay for $300. Turns out you can get them at any game store for $250. What! And people buy them for $300 all day. Who would have thought? Also another thing to consider is sometimes items may not be available in a certain area, or shipping may be an issue etc...
FWIW

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stakes View Post
Knowledge is power when it comes to these things. I was about to purchase a Wii when I saw them on Ebay for $300. Turns out you can get them at any game store for $250. What! And people buy them for $300 all day. Who would have thought? Also another thing to consider is sometimes items may not be available in a certain area, or shipping may be an issue etc...
FWIW

JS
heh... it is ebay..... how do you know the person selling and the person buying aren't the same? Shills are killing eBay's reputation.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #6
Major Player

The current demand also plays a factor but that is more for the Wii's iPhones and PS3s. For the longest time Wiis were still hard to find in some areas hence the price people were getting but I digress. Most of the time I find its just better to try and sell the stuff here before ebay and I have pretty much given up on selling via CL. I get a few jobs from time to time there for Video work but most of the time those people want the filming for free. A place where its free to post seems to attract people who want stuff for free. Go figure :-p

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business