Tricky Release Sign/Form? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old February 4th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #1
Major Player

Tricky Release Sign/Form?

Hi, all,
I have searched through the forum, but I have not had clear answer about my case.
The Chamber of my town asked me to series of shot videos of local business (appox. 30-50 of them: restaurants, retailers, etc), and the director of chamber asked me about the release form or sign for the customers in the store. He does not want me to spend my minutes trying to explain and have customers sign the release every single time I try to shoot (the chamber pays me by full-day rate and he would like me to shoot as many as I can per day).
The president of the chamber owns sign and printing service so he will provide me with a stand with release sign written. The question is what do I say there? and just putting the sign will substitute individual release form of customers? I am planning to have the owner/manager sign the location release prior to the shoot (just for the safety backup), but would putting up a sign at the door be good enough? If so, do I say similar thing as I would do a concert (like, this venue is being filmed and if you walk in, you are automatically agree to be videotaped" or something.. but I don't want to scare away the customers...)...
Argh.. I am starting to have a headache..
Please help me... tons of appreciation, everyone..
Thank you.

JJ
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #2

If I understand you question (and I may not) simply post a sign at the entrance that states those who choose to enter understand that they will be recorded with a video camera and that by entering they give their consent.
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business