DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Best Craigslist No Pay Ad Response EVER! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/144024-best-craigslist-no-pay-ad-response-ever.html)

Craig Seeman February 17th, 2009 10:07 PM

Best Craigslist No Pay Ad Response EVER!

For ages there was an ongoing thread about ridiculous Craigslist ads. I think Chris Hurd was tormented by what it was doing to this forum.

Today I saw this post in the Crew section of Craigslist in response to all the posts asking people to work for no pay.

Great Response. Shows you that even "names" are asked to do this and how one "name" responded!

YouTube - Harlan Ellison -- Pay the Writer

OK, Chris, now you can lock the thread <wink>

Pete Bauer February 17th, 2009 10:16 PM

Hilarious! I don't know if Chris will lock the thread or not. But it doesn't matter. That'll about cover the writers' opinions; what more need be said?

Perrone Ford February 17th, 2009 10:24 PM

Fan-friggin-tastic!

I think I'll go to my next freebie job with an eye patch and a tin cup! Gawd that was good.

John Estcourt February 18th, 2009 04:12 AM

OMG Brilliant, needed a good laugh and that did it! Thanks for posting that. Im still laughing gonna watch that again.
cheers john

Greg Boston February 18th, 2009 06:47 AM

I saw this about a year ago. Makes some very valid points.

-gb-

Tripp Woelfel February 18th, 2009 07:59 AM

Brilliant! Now tell me how you really feel Mr. Ellison.

Jay Gladwell February 18th, 2009 08:04 AM

One can't help but wonder how much he got paid for having this interview on YouTube.

:o)

Brian Mills February 18th, 2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell (Post 1013930)
One can't help but wonder how much he got paid for having this interview on YouTube.

:o)

Dude, that is so funny! I was thinking almost the same thing: "I wonder if the guy shooting this video for YouTube is getting paid!"

Craig Seeman February 18th, 2009 10:53 AM

The clip is from a documentary for sale on DVD (taking pre orders on Amazon).
So either they're either getting paid or getting a percentage.

Amazon.com: Harlan Ellison: Dreams with Sharp Teeth: Harlan Ellison, Robin Williams, Neil Gaiman, Erik Nelson: Movies & TV

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Mills (Post 1013988)
Dude, that is so funny! I was thinking almost the same thing: "I wonder if the guy shooting this video for YouTube is getting paid!"

Shaun Roemich February 18th, 2009 12:12 PM

I think I just wet myself!!!

"YOU can go to the store and buy it..."

Thanks for sharing, Craig!

Richard Alvarez February 18th, 2009 12:35 PM

Harlan Ellison - yeah, that's my man.

You know the whole story behind "The Terminator" and the old Outer Limits episode it was based on, written by Harlan Ellison? Called - "The Soldier"... great story, google it up.

Jacques E. Bouchard February 20th, 2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell (Post 1013930)

Ironic, ain't it, that people are re-broadcasting it for free? ;-)

J.

Jacques E. Bouchard February 20th, 2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Seeman (Post 1013999)
The clip is from a documentary for sale on DVD (taking pre orders on Amazon).
So either they're either getting paid or getting a percentage.

The person who posted the vid on YouTube isn't associated with the DVD or the production company. I'm not reporting the guy, just savouring the irony. ;-)

J.

Jacques E. Bouchard February 20th, 2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer (Post 1013794)
Hilarious! I don't know if Chris will lock the thread or not. But it doesn't matter. That'll about cover the writers' opinions; what more need be said?

I always make a point of at least sending myself a DVD whenever I ask myself to write for free.

Craig Seeman February 20th, 2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques E. Bouchard (Post 1015291)
Ironic, ain't it, that people are re-broadcasting it for free? ;-)
J.

He actually does link to the production company selling the DVD. Look on the description to the right. He names the movie, that it's a trailer, the director and links to the production company. Unfortunately it's not a hyperlink so one would have to cut and paste.

BTW to the best of my knowledge factualfactory is a stock footage house so they may have provided some of the stock. We don't know that they did not get permission to promote the trailer. It would be more helpful if the link were clickable though so one could buy the DVD and make sure Harlan gets his sixpence.