Production Company - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Davis View Post
I just searched for your business name in quotes so Google returned only exact matches.

I wouldn't be so concerned about your name being used elsewhere, especially since it's an arbitrary name. That means it's a real word that can be used to describe a location, a color, a fruit or even someone's name.

If you want to better your chances of having a unique name then you need to create your own word, like Xerox, Exxon, Verizon and Kodak did.
I was thinking about VMax (like IMAX, but Video Max(imize the video production service, blah, blah, blah..), but my wife cut me (while I was blahing) and suggested me the Orange and she drew the logo right there and I fell in love with it. I am not changing it anytime soon... I like the logo, name and branding very much.
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #17
Trustee

Oh, I think it's a good name, especially if you've got a great logo to go with it. I just wouldn't be too concerned about anybody else in the world using it. Not much you can really do about that (unless you have unlimited cash.)
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business