How do you do it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old October 15th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How do you do it?

I was thinking about having some pamphlets printed and wondered if it would be a good idea to put them out where the ladies purchase their gowns as well as other places. (Suggestions?)
Does anybody use them?
How much information do you attempt to put on them?
Do you ever offer the owners of the dress shop any money to make sure they get a copy of the pamphlets?
What printer do you use, local, internet?

I just want to get my name in the mix as quickly as possible but don't want to be too pushy. I can't do a website just yet. Maybe soon.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Brazell
Barry Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:06 PM   #2
Trustee

Barry, I guess you are talking about advertising your services for wedding videos?

Approach some wedding photographers, many people will often ask if they could recommend a good videographer. Giving your pamphlets to the local churches/wedding celebraints would also be a good idea.

As for what information, what you offer/prices and contact info would be the two most important things I would think.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Robert,

Some people will check the wedding announcements in the local paper and send them a brochure, or go to the county office that handles wedding certificates and get a list of applicants (catching them earlier that way).

Putting brochures at major jewelers on the engagement and wedding ring counter would catch them at the earliest.

Adrian's idea of getting in cahoots with local wedding photographers is good...that way you guys could work together rather than being at odds with one another.

And offering to do a brief promo for the wedding dress shop that would be looped continuously and on display (and slyly includes your logo and contact info) couldn't hurt.
Old October 16th, 2003, 09:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Also, give your pamphlet to the local DJ's and take some of his cards as well...like Adrian and John said it is good to get to know the photographer and DJ so everyone is looking out for one another and helping each other make the wedding and reception as smooth as possible.
Old October 16th, 2003, 08:15 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Sorry for not being more clear. Yes sir, I am talking about services for wedding videos. Just wanted to say thanks for the ideas. Some I would not have thought of. :)

Randy Brazell
Barry Gilbert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business