DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Whats the Going rate for a 2 Day Convention? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/18763-whats-going-rate-2-day-convention.html)

Peter Jefferson December 23rd, 2003 11:36 PM

Whats the Going rate for a 2 Day Convention?

Here in oz one of teh largsst relationship marketting companies wuill be having a 2 day convention.. now budget is NOT an issue (i work for them) however a reasonable figure would most likely be expected.

ANy ideas as to what a normal 2 day convention would be worth??
Ive never dealt with something of this magnitude so any ideas and thougth would be appreciated

Michel Brewer December 24th, 2003 10:53 AM

can you tell more

what format camera would you be shooting on? dv or beta?
would there be audio operater as well?
do you need a pa and or producer along for this?
any special items you need to bring along, monitors, lights, etc?

how much of a headache will the corparate people be :) ?

m

Sean Smith December 24th, 2003 11:13 AM

Peter, this is a very large field with a lot of determining factors.

Do you need to determine the cameraman with gear package or the complete video package (projectors, cameras, playback, live feeds) or the entire av package (video, audio, lighting, set design, labor)?

The cost can be around a thousand to the sky is the limit.

Peter Jefferson December 26th, 2003 04:47 AM

thanks for the repsosnes guys, its basically for

2x DVX100
1x MX500

2x Operators

Audio feed direct from PA system thru Sennheiser transmitters

the rest is run and gun :)

this particular convention is like this...

The venue is large enough to seat 400 people, lighting and audio are already set up.

one cam will be positioned up the front, static and connected to a backup DV unit. This cam is also connected to the PA system via ew100 thru the audio console..

the second cam is also connected to the console, ew100 as well, this one is basically the crowd, and secondary shots.

Third cam wil be fixed at the back of the room for the surround ambience as well as additional footage.
This will double as a Still cam for CDrom and promo material.

I dont need to take any lighting, but the cams will be fitted with onboard lights, which wont reach over 10mtr (ill be running 20w globes)

apart form that, thats about it...

they havent said anythign about a live feed, but i have propsed to do one thru a projector with a lil video which links with live action, so the end of the video is the start of the actual convention... bit of an intro piece, but they havent gotten back to me yet. I doubt that they will do that due to cost thou. They have money, but are frugal with it (I work for them)

from a face value production, we wont really need much equipment. as the cameras will be runnign non stop, syncronising will be easy and multicam edits wont be an issue, however most likely were looking at about a minimum of 200 copies on DVD, 5.1 surround and Multimedia CDroms for staff intranet downloads as well as image cdroms.

thanks again, for the responses, but by looking at this, it seesm that the Post Work, will be far more intense than the filmin itself... (as usual)

cheers and hope you all had a great Xmas!