DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   What kind of Credits should I put on a Comedian "Promo Video" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/19240-what-kind-credits-should-i-put-comedian-promo-video.html)

Federico Dib January 4th, 2004 12:25 PM

What kind of Credits should I put on a Comediant "Promo VIdeo"

I´m about to finish editing my first "Promo Video" project for a Comediant...
About 12 minutes summary of a few of his last shows...

But I´m not sure about what, where and how to put in the credits...

I sure want other people to know I did the video and how to contact me.
Of course the Comediant want´s people to know his name and how to contact him...

What do you guys do? or would do?
Beggining and End?
Watermark?

Thanx

Federico Dib January 5th, 2004 08:51 PM

Let´s rephrase

Ok..

I want my name and contact info to appear in the Promo video of the Comedian.

Where and when should I put it without being too intrusive?

The comedian has agreed as he´s getting a real bargain here... (although I think if he wasn´t getting a bargain I still had to include the info somewhere) But I don´t want to look too amateur..

So, anyone done a promo video for any artist? Did you put your info in the screen?

I´m sure I´m not inventing the wheel here.

Peter Jefferson January 7th, 2004 05:10 AM

i usually start with a

"business name presents"

then it goes into the main titling intro...

during th eoutro where the credits, venues, thank yous, etc etc usually break it down so theres footage, the sudio keeps going, but i then cut to the credit, then cut back to the video of teh audio we're hearing.. and i do this as it comes to a clsoe..

this keeps people watching, and reading what the credits are.

thats jsu theway i do things, but i think its a littl emore exciting than scrolling credits.

after the presentation, i put a copyright blurb after the presentation.

Federico Dib January 7th, 2004 03:43 PM

Well, what you say is somewhat the "classic" style with an interest keeper at the outro, and that so far works for me...

But I still want to introduce my "presentation card" in the video...

Could I put my info (name, phone and e-mail) a couple of seconds at the beggining, middle and end, without being too instrusive?

Sean Smith January 7th, 2004 05:18 PM

Have your credits at the end with his audio of jokes that he did not use in the promo video. This way the viewer will listen to fresh comedy material while watching your credits. Or split scene with fresh material Just a suggestion. I would not watermark it, especially if he paid you. That will piss a client off.

Federico Dib January 7th, 2004 08:24 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Sean Smith : Have your credits at the end with his audio of jokes that he did not use in the promo video. This way the viewer will listen to fresh comedy material while watching your credits. -->>>

That sound cool, I think I´m going to use it, but I´m still concerned that most of the people won´t see the end credits. I need to put my info in there before the end. The Comediant is not that good, and allthough the edit is good, if the jokes are lame.... they won´t see the last minutes of the video.

The watermark won´t bother the Comediant... I´m pretty sure of that.. but It would probably bother viewers.. and even me...

I´ll do a screen test with a few options and show it to some people around here to see if I get any non-video people´s feedback.
Oh well is rendering time.