on location at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 5th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #1
_redone_

on location

Hello.

Ive never dealt with havign to scout a location and get permissions to do a video shoot yet. I have an upcoming project in which i need to utilize the inside of a gift shop. I know of a few gift shops i want to use in terms of decor, however im not prone to the methods of obtaining permission to shoot. Does it go any deeper than just asking the store owner for permissions to shoot? I would assume there would be some "red tape" invloved but i figure i would ask someone who might have some knowledge in this area. Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance.
www.eatdrinkmedia.com
Adam Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Capt. Quirk

The smaller "Mom & Pop" places are the easiest places to use, because you can talk right to the owner. Just explain what you would like to do, work out the details like when you would "like" to shoot, any credits, etc. They may want an insurance certificate, in which case, it get's pricey. When the details are satisfactory, make up a contract and get everyone's signature.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business