Advertising your business at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old June 25th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Advertising your business

I want to put out some flyers, or some tri-folds to highlight my filming. I would like something that I can give to people to show them that I am up for anything! so I need some ideas...

What are you guys using to give to potential clients?
Old June 26th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Trustee

I think the most effective and cost efficient method is to have a good website up that shows your work and pass out business cards with a quick list of the type of services/products you offer and that invites them to your website. In order to have an impact your literature has to give the potential client a good example of what they will be purchasing. In this industry the best way to wow a customer is to let them see your work.

It is also one of the most cost effective ways to go. A very successful business person told me that advertising isn't about hitting the people who need your services now. It's about getting your name ingrained in the people who will need your services in the future. That way when they do need someone to do "something with video" they will think of you. So it turns into a numbers game. You can probably pass out 1000 business cards for the price of 100 flyers.

just my 1/2 cent.
Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #3
Trustee

We have a graphic designer on staff, so we do a lot of brochures, cards and stuff like that. But really, it's the face-to-face meeting and showing previous work that gets us the job. However, most people like to have something in their hand, even if they never read it.

Here's our general company brochure: Outside Inside
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Wow Chris! Your website makes me want to hire you! And I don't have anything to do right now!

Yeah, my website lacks... well Alot. I just found a deal with Dream Host, 2 years for $75... Couldn't pass.. I am doing Joombla for all of it and I am not liking the look of it. I have very little HTML and C++ knowledge, Only enough to tweak minor things, So The site lacks my own touch to it.

I do have cards with all my contact information and my website. My website does have a few demo reels in it. One for A Wedding, one of an offroading trip, and a "Music Video" I did to some Josh Groban, I have been told alot of people like it... I think its boring but I leave it up anyways...

Does anyone have any more ideas I could do? I have not gotten the jobs to keep adding to the reels. I offered one place a free YouTube commercial 3min. long, But they have not gotten back to me. (It was their idea)
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nelson View Post
I am doing Joombla for all of it and I am not liking the look of it. I have very little HTML and C++ knowledge, Only enough to tweak minor things, So The site lacks my own touch to it.
Since you can handle the technical aspects of your site, look into buying a template for the graphic design. You can find some amazing templates out there for $50-$100. Just google "website templates" and you'll find thousands.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business