The Google Shuffle - I got shuffled? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old June 30th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Trustee

The Google Shuffle - I got shuffled?

My site was at a page rank of 3/10 just a month ago, but I looked last week and I'm down to a 2/10. It might be because I haven't been posting much to my blog lately, so that could do it. Has anyone else noticed a shuffle in their rankings?
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Trustee

Ours is the same as it was the last time I noticed: 3/10.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Don't sweat it. Google are always re-indexing the web as well as refining their algorithms. As long as you haven't engaged in any dodgy practices and are producing a quality site, you have nothing to worry about. Chances are you will improve again.

Furthermore, PR is only one measure when it comes to search relevance. Again, don't sweat it. Just hang in there and keep the content flowing.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #4
Trustee

One of my employees explained what the pang rank meant - it sounds like it has less to do with how high you'll show up in search results and more to do with how well your site is constructed and linked to. For example, you should try to make sure all external links to your site point to the home page instead of to individual pages within your site. Not always an easy thing to do, but it would help the page rank.

Keep in mind, that's me trying to make sense of what I was told - also not always an easy thing to do!
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #5
Equal Opportunity Offender

And to make it even more complicated ... internal pages of the site also have their own PR value too!

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business