Pro Team Videographers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 8th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pro Team Videographers

What kind of salary do you think Pro Team videographers make? The ones who shoot practice and game footage for their team to study - must be an easy job...
Matt Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Just to be clear, you mean folks who are employed by a sports team to shoot footage for the team to use?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah Ken, that's what I'm referring to - the ones who shoot footage for the team to study it's own plays. Teams spend a lot of their time indoors studying film and strategy as they do outside practicing. I'm wonder how much one can make from shooting that footage.
Matt Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Game day camera ops.

Most professional teams have an in-house Game Presentation department. This department is tasked with all in-game entertainment such as T-shirt tosses, games, promotions and time-out events.

They are also responsible for all of the content on the JumboTron, including replays, etc.

The team coaches will usually avail themselves of the game tapes from the Game Presentation department for use in the locker room.

Game day camera people are usually paid by the game. They are generally freelancers.

I work for the Miami HEAT, Camera 2 in the low-slash position and the Florida Panthers, Camera 1, center ice, Club level.

While the pay isn't going to expedite my retirement, when you add up approximately 44 or so home games per team, it does add up to a nice vacation/slush fund!

Another nice perk is access to free tickets and you are in a great position to watch the games. All of your long, lost friends come out of the woodwork, bigtime!

Florida Panthers: $125 per game.
Miami HEAT : $160 per game.

Other teams don't pay as well...

Miami Dolphins: Appx. $85.00 per game.
Florida Marlins: Appx. $85.00 per game.

Is it an easy gig? You betcha!

See more at http://www.rbravo.com/rb's_sports_gigs.htm

RB
Old September 8th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Rick, you forgot to mention cheerleaders : ) Thanks for the info, not a bad way to make some extra income.
Matt Elias is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business