creative marketing(how to find clients?) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 4th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

creative marketing(how to find clients?)

I am really still just starting out and was wondering if anyone has any creative way's to find clients. I have done work for a number of people, included cards in my DVD's. I have been meeting with people in my area about leaving cards for their customers. I know I could run add's etc, but I would like to keep costs down as much as I can. Anyone have any creative suggestions?
Jason Gatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Trustee

you'll probably need a dedicated business telephone line, but don't use it for outgoing calls because of the cost... assuming that you have access to a home phone line, in other words, you're working out of a home studio.

the business phone will give you a one-line listing in the yellow pages, which should bring in some occasional calls.

even a rudimentary website with a real url, not a geocities account, will look better on your business card... hosting is dirt-cheap these days.

it never hurts to get your name out there in local video associations, especially if you do things like weddings... you can hire yourself out as a shooter or editor.

some cities have local papers like the reader, which have really cheap or even free ad space... but you'll probably only attract the lower end of the clientele with that.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #3
Wrangler

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=34780
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:10 AM   #4
Major Player

That's a great thread that Mike posted. You might also check out Steve Yankee's audio course on marketing a video business, best money I have spent so far.

http://www.videobusinessadvisor.com/Master_Marketing_Course.html

Also, network, network, network. Go to the Chamber of Commerce events, donate a project to a local charity, learn how to ask for referrals (there is a right way and a wrong way).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business