Website Design Software - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 21st, 2010, 11:25 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williams View Post
Web Expression 3 for < $149.00. Can download 60 day fully functional trial.
Did you design your current website with Expression 3?

Either way, very nice site.....clean, simple and easy to navigate. Hope your business is doing well Mark.

Thanks for the Expression 3 tip....I'm looking into it.
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:29 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andris Krastins View Post
I switched my website from a self-coded html/css piece to a Wordpress powered one because it's then much easier to update it and have more features, like tags, comments and categories.

The skins are many and it's not hard to modify them, if you want.

For a html wysiwyg editor I suggest Dreamweaver.
Andris -

Do you utilize the free webhosting service that WP offers, or are you using a separate web host?
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:36 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mailath View Post
If you want to be a web developer there are plenty of options - if you want to have a web presence and get on with the business of video productions - why don't you look at ready made templates? they're around 50-100 bucks and look really slick. All you have to do is modify the text to suit your site and you're off.

It might be a nice hobby or pasttime or waste of time developing your own website but - what business are you in???
Paul -

Really nice and unique website you have!! Did you design it? If so, what program did you use?
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:51 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Root View Post
I agree with some other comments posted here. If you're into making videos, you probably don't want to spend hours and hours designing a website.
** Agreed. It's not that I don't want to do it....it's just the time vs. money thingy...and doing video, photography, music design is time consuming enough!! (along with reading these forums...but I consider this a fun educational time!!)

Quote:
If you decide to go with some sort of Dreamweaver type program (I still use GoLive CS2), you'll still need to understand basic HTML and CSS code to get most everything to play together nicely.
** Wow, GoLive CS2?! That product is extinct now isn't it?

Quote:
While Flash based sites (free ones at like Wix) are the rage it seems, I try and steer clear of them because of load times and compatibility issues.
** Yeah, I saw the WIX offerings; very slick and cool, but I never really liked waiting for the flash based sites to load; sometimes if feels like I'm on a dial-up connection!!

Quote:
The pros of having your own site and domain could be important to your business if you have a unique name.
** Very much agree with you on this; looks and first impressions are everything.

Quote:
Hope that helps some.
** Absolutey does; Thank you Kyle for your input ..... and congrats on your 10th year anniversary for your business!! Hope 2010 is keeps getting better for you!!
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business