DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   How is the tv show CHEATERS produced? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/47509-how-tv-show-cheaters-produced.html)

Brent Marks July 11th, 2005 12:29 AM

How is the tv show CHEATERS produced?

How are they able to get away without getting signed releases for everyone that is involved?

thanks

James Emory July 11th, 2005 12:49 AM

Oh, they do get signed releases. If you notice, there are times where an identity is hidden and that's because a release was not secured. You would be surprised who will sign a release and allow the whole world to see their personal problems. The members of that cast send their stories to the producers and they choose the most compelling ones. The contract surely says that they must appear to be considered. Now, the people being serveilled are obviously a different matter because they are taken by surprise but as you have probably seen, some of them sign away. The producers of these shows are very good at persuading them to do it, it's what they specialize in. They play to these folks' egos and they sign that release. But then there are the one's that just don't like the idea at all and the only way to use the footage is to hide their identity. It costs more in post, but if it's a great story it's worth it to them.

Every person's face that you can see on COPS signed a release, unbelievable isn't it? They think it's cool. I produced a ride along show, Task Force, for cable a few years ago. I had one guy say to me , not only no but HELL NO, when I asked him if he would sign a release. He appeared but his identity was hidden. I did have a few that signed releases though.

Matt Champagne July 14th, 2005 02:07 AM

I have actually long been suspecting that the show is faked as a matter of fact. My first clue into this was when two girls were apparently being "secretely" video taped having a lesbian affair, and while walking past the camera they covered themselves up. Watching it a few other times I saw other things that seemed a little unusual....though unfortunately I can't remember them right now.

James Emory July 14th, 2005 11:34 AM

I believe this show came from Britain or maybe Australia, definitely some other country. If it was all fake or partially fake, I wouldn't be surprised but maybe not because of the following. When shows are faked it's usually because of lack of good content or cast. I think there's plenty of dramatic stories out there about screwing around for them to choose from. When it first started airing a few years ago, I remember hearing about legal concerns in the U.S. because of actual fights between the cast when they shot the confrontations. The show was said to be creating an environment that caused agressive physical contact or violence. One of the hosts was even stabbed while shooting an episode because of a fight. I think the reason it may seem fake sometimes is because of the ridiculous relationships that these people will defend even when the proof is on tape! Some of them have some sense though because they immediately terminate the relationship.

Glenn Chan July 17th, 2005 01:21 PM

Ot

The best part of the show is when a commercial for Ashley Madison comes on It's a dating service proclaiming "Romantic Rendezvois' for Attached Adults". Their motto? "When Monogamy Becomes Monotony"