Custom DVD alblums at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Custom DVD alblums

I produced a series of instructional videos. They're asking for a customized album to present them in. Something like the Case logic CD cases but with personalized graphics and a picture. It's 6 DVD's.

It seems packaging matters more than content sometimes. I've found that a nice still shot printed on the face of the DVD gets you about 80% there. If they're impressed by the container, they tend to think anything after that point is gold. So I'm wondering a good way of presenting half dozen DVD's.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Brian, I have used the Unikeep Wallet 5 and Wallet 10 disc packages for years.

They have inserts that go on a two ring binder type setup. So you can vary the amount of discs by adding more inserts.

The wallet 5 product is what I use the most of as you can fit up to 8-10 discs in it.

The insert can be printed on legal size paper or two-up on 11x17 paper. I print my inserts on 11x17 photo paper using an Epson Photo printer. They look nice under the plastic.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Trustee

Brian,

For all my multi-disc projects I use DVD cases that can hold the required number of discs. Check out something like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/550786-REG/Merit_Line_153_175_6_Disc_DVD_MultiKase.html
You can use your own design for graphic insert into the outside cover.

-Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post
Brian, I have used the Unikeep Wallet 5 and Wallet 10 disc packages for years.

They have inserts that go on a two ring binder type setup. So you can vary the amount of discs by adding more inserts.

The wallet 5 product is what I use the most of as you can fit up to 8-10 discs in it.

The insert can be printed on legal size paper or two-up on 11x17 paper. I print my inserts on 11x17 photo paper using an Epson Photo printer. They look nice under the plastic.

I like this, in that you can keep adding pages. Thanks!
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business