DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Today's Giggle - HD Footage Wanted (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/489042-todays-giggle-hd-footage-wanted.html)

Rick L. Allen December 17th, 2010 10:19 AM

Today's Giggle - HD Footage Wanted

Seriously!?
--
"Looking for great-looking HD footage for a professional project. The footage needed is family-oriented: mostly scenes with families, especially kids and pets, but some of it can be almost anything.

We need footage that looks great, but no professional lights or gear- natural light and practicals only. So the locations and the talent need to be naturally photogenic. Think of it as “the nicest-looking obviously amateur footage ever.”

G-rated footage needed.

80% of the footage should be handheld, 20% tripod.

We will only need a few minutes of usable footage, so if you shoot 10 - 15 minutes we'll probably have plenty to choose from.

This is not a high budget project. We can spend $50-$150 on your footage, depending on the quantity you can provide. Please keep in mind that we are looking for 10-15 minutes of footage.

We will need model releases from all people whose face is recognizable in the video, and if they’re under 18, we’ll need parental/guardian releases also. We will provide you with a standard release.

If you are interested, please email us with the following info:

- if you have existing footage, what the subject matter is, and what format/frame rate
- if you have the opportunity to shoot an event over the next couple weeks, a little info about the event/situation
- the date you would be able to get the footage to us
- link to a demo reel of your camerawork

This would be a non-exclusive buyout of the footage.
Apply to: Sam Wright, shooterswanted@gmail.com"

Chris Davis December 17th, 2010 11:13 AM

I don't get the joke. Sam's asking for footage shot with minimal equipment, virtually no set-up time, and only 10-15 minutes worth. Considering my typical hourly rate on a project is $65 per hour, this gives me a nice quick job I can shoot at home with the kids and get some cash at far more than my normal rate.

What should Sam do? Budget $10k and hire a union crew to set up an "amateur-looking" video shoot?

Chris Davis December 17th, 2010 09:39 PM

Ok, I kind of get it. I mentioned it to my oldest son, who's coming over with his wife tomorrow. I asked if he would think it's odd if I asked him to sign a model release... just the words coming out of my mouth felt silly. He agreed it would be wierd.

However, I might consider it with my minor children (since I could just sign the model release as their guardian.)

David W. Jones December 20th, 2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Davis (Post 1599690)
Ok, I kind of get it. I mentioned it to my oldest son, who's coming over with his wife tomorrow. I asked if he would think it's odd if I asked him to sign a model release... just the words coming out of my mouth felt silly. He agreed it would be wierd.

However, I might consider it with my minor children (since I could just sign the model release as their guardian.)

So you would sign away your children's likeness for $50-$150 without any restrictions?
Scenarios... TV commercial, do you or someone in your family suffer from mental illness that affects the entire family? / Internet ad, young children just like these will be molested by a family member.

I would think twice before selling out for a Franklin.

Chris Davis December 20th, 2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David W. Jones (Post 1600399)
So you would sign away your children's likeness for $50-$150 without any restrictions?
Scenarios... TV commercial, do you or someone in your family suffer from mental illness that affects the entire family? / Internet ad, young children just like these will be molested by a family member.

I would think twice before selling out for a Franklin.

I'm not actually doing this (I was just playing devil's advocate) but nothing you mentioned even remotely bothers me.

I also don't know where you read "without any restrictions"? Any model release I've signed or asked others to sign had the name of the production and covered use only in that production.