Free Invoicing Filemaker Project for Small Business at

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old December 29th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Major Player
Free Invoicing Filemaker Project for Small Business

A few years back I got frustrated at Quicken Home and Business for screwing up my invoices and payments. It was way too complicated for what I needed and so complicated it actually miscalculated things and put things in the wrong categories on it's own. It took me hours to fix it, and I'm not sure I completely did. Plus I switched to Mac and wanted something that ran on OS X.

I finally decided to make my own nice and simple invoicing Filemaker project. It's worked perfectly for me for a few years. Hopefully someone will have a use for it. I just sorted out the sales tax feature for those who need it (I didn't), While it could probably be used for anything, I designed it for my video business. It should be easy to modify for your own purposes.

Here is the link to download:

Brett Sherman
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Very nice job, Brett!

Since my first work in version 1 - I've always considered Filemaker Pro the swiss army knife of data bases.

Glad to see others using this amazingly flexible tool.
Classroom editing instructor? Check out
Turnkey editor training content including licensed training footage for classroom use.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business