DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Release Forms -- Model / Talent / Location etc. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/4899-release-forms-model-talent-location-etc.html)

Richard Alvarez November 24th, 2005 12:49 PM

Try here, might have what you want.

http://www.industrycontracts.com/

Jim Montgomery November 24th, 2005 04:02 PM

Thats it! Thanks Richard

Shannon Rawls December 2nd, 2005 11:12 AM

Yea, www.IndustryContracts.com is the best deal in town!

- ShannonRawls.com

Charles Penn March 30th, 2006 09:29 AM

Standard Release Document for use

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get my hands on a release form that I could use/ modify to cover myself for the use of people/ images in remote production?

Thanks.

Chuck

John Kang April 1st, 2006 06:39 PM

release forms

Check out Pond5.com or currenttv.com. Pond5 has a standard form you might be able to alter to use for your own.

Many other places with resourses.

Grace Shlomit April 4th, 2006 07:07 PM

Release forms

Hi everyone

When I’m shooting people in public places and asking questions relating to our documentary, do I need to have each and everyone sign a release form ?

Some footage, we will probably not use for the movie but will post on the web only, still do we need to sign them on a release form ?

Thank You for your help.

Mike Cavanaugh April 4th, 2006 10:32 PM

I would get a release from each person appearing (or potentially appearing). Even when I do corporate work where the client has set up interviews with employees and customers, I get a release.

IMPORTANT - If minors are involved, ask the parents to sign the release. With all the wierd stuff going on these days, I'm really sensitive about this.

Duane Smith April 4th, 2006 11:14 PM

Personally, we now have EVERYONE who appears on camera to sign a release, but we're usually under somewhat controlled conditions rather than out in the open in a public location. And like Mike said, we get releases for minors via their parents.

99.9999% of the time they'll sign the release; the difficult part is the TIME involved with doing it if you're a tiny production. But we do it to cover our backside nonetheless; it's a minor inconvenience in comparison to being sued.

Grace Shlomit April 5th, 2006 11:27 AM

Thanks Mike & Duane.
Is the fact we will be using some of the interviews online only makes a different ?

Duane Smith April 5th, 2006 03:59 PM

I don't think it matters WHAT media it ends up in; if it's VISIBLE, then there's the possibility of the subject filing a lawsuit against you. Doesn't matter if you distribute the video via WEB, DVD, TV, or whatever...

Mike Cavanaugh April 6th, 2006 11:51 AM

In a way, posting the images online might make you even more vulnerable. Use of a finished tape/DVD product is controllable since people have to physically acquire something.

When you publish someone's image on the internet, you are not only potentially liable for your posting, but could concievably be held responsible for every pervert who downloads and re-posts it elsewhere.

Charles Penn April 6th, 2006 03:01 PM

What about street shots ... you know the ones with groups of people walking up and down streets in a downtown area? You don't need releases from all of them, do you?

Mark Bournes April 6th, 2006 03:25 PM

If you are just getting b-roll and no interviews then no you don't need releases. If you interview anyone then yes you should. Tv news stations interview people everyday that are on the street and they do not get people to sign releases. But you should just to be safe if you are doing "man on the street interviews."

Mark

Steve House April 6th, 2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Penn
What about street shots ... you know the ones with groups of people walking up and down streets in a downtown area? You don't need releases from all of them, do you?

In what type of production and used for what purpose? If you're talking about movies, episodic TV, and commercials, virtually everyone you see on-camera is an actor, even the background people. I've also seen barricades on the streets near location shoots that announce so and so is filming in the vicinity and walking past that point is a grant of implicit permission for them to use your likeness if you are accidently photographed in the background.

Charles Penn April 6th, 2006 06:47 PM

Mark hit it. I'm shooting b-roll to cover edits.