One Website or multiples? at

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew
One Website or multiples?

Hey there-

I work at a TV station as a videographer and editor. On the side I also do freelance work shooting just about anything I'm asked. but lately I have focused on weddings. Oh and I also do some film work when time allows.

Question is: What could/should I put on my website. My main goal would be using it to have a permanent home for a demo reel(s) to get more work (whether it's freelance video work/events or filmmaking work)

So should I just focus on one aspect (event video (sports/music) vs filmmaking). Or do you think I can house both types of video on one site?

I fear losing potential business when a client sees other stuff I do.
BTW, I already have a separate wedding site as I don;t think I would get work if brides saw some of my short films or thought geez this guy does a bunch of everything. I want someone that specializes in weddings.

Thanks for your time
Alden Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Re: One Website or multiples?

I recommend you keep it separate. However, you could include some shots from your wedding videos in your showreel on the videographer site. Hope this helps.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.
Sareesh Sudhakaran is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business