Google Ad Words? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old October 19th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Google Ad Words?

I noticed Tanya has one post - the one above - I bet Google has paid off for her, if you know what I mean.

Are we that dumb?
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya Vandenberg View Post
I'm amazed - for me, Adwords has been an absolute godsend... I've spent very little on advertising, but gained about $100 000 in business from it in just over a year. It takes a while to gain momentum, and at the beginning, the commitment to track performance and change ads, content and so on until it's working.
The more I think about "Tanya", I hope the powers that be keep her ad posted to show how things are done by some companies. If someone comes to DVInfo, wouldn't their first post be about video - not Google Adwords?

One time a salesman came into our office for the first time and in the course of our chat he proceeded to tell us how he and his wife travel to foreign countries and buy expensive jewelry and then smuggle them back in to the U.S.A. This was the first time I ever met him! Why would I do business with some one who is that proud of his illegal activity? When someone is dishonest or even misrepresents things I am done doing business with them, because I know I'm going to get screwed too!

Being paid to mis-represent yourself and promote products is illegal in some countries.

I think Google's whole operation should be investigated.
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #18
Inner Circle

There is a Belgian videostore that when I type in the name of a camera in google that appears in the add section on top of the first page I get as result. If I then surf to other sites that have google ads embedded that same camera from that same store with other suggestions from that same store also appear there. This means google tracks my searching and surfing behavior and feeds adds to pages I visit based on my previous searches.
I guess that for this particular videostore they can gain a lot extra revenue from google ads but for a wedding videographer I find it very hard to believe that those same adds generate 100k income per year, if it where that easy every videographer would invest heavily in those ads.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I don't know Tanya, but a quick search on YouTube and you'll find her channel with 43 videos on it. She's also on LinkedIn and has a website. So I don't think this is a case of a planted comment. It would be great to hear from her though — I'd like to learn more about how she uses AdWords to get that kind of business.
Keith Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I used Google Adwords, however I should have used that money to roast Smores. I think I would have gotten better use.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business