Looking for POV or Dash Cam video of car crash in progress at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old February 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Tourist

Looking for POV or Dash Cam video of car crash in progress

Hello all -
I'm looking for a resource for a POV or dashcam video of a car crash in progress. I've tried the traditional stock outlets, but I need the raw impact, not the accident scene. I can find millions of them on youtube, but I need a clip 10sec max that I can legally use for a small market client (cable, internet use). Any ideas out there? I've found some that go for 3-4k, but that's just out of budget.

Thanks!
Brandon Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Looking for POV or Dash Cam video of car crash in progress

My understanding from my still photographer friends is that it's standard protocol to troll flickr for images, then offer the amateur photographer $20 or some paltry sum to use the image in some small-time way. I'd suggest finding one you like on YouTube, e-mailing the author, offering $20 or $50 in return for a signed release and a copy of your show. I can't see you getting turned down. There are whole shows that operate this way.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Looking for POV or Dash Cam video of car crash in progress

Brandon I caught with a gopro a single car crash into a center divider on the freeeway.
Brent Kaplan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business