To credit or not to credit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 8th, 2015, 02:01 PM   #1
Inner Circle

To credit or not to credit

Hey all,

I have the opportunity for one of my recruitment videos to be shown in theaters. Since it's a recruitment video, it'll have a 'call to action' on the last few seconds of the video, a 'come work for us' message. The video is only 30secs long. So when the discussion of my production credit came up, I thought to myself that it would be appropriate to not include production credit on a recruitment video for my client since I want their message to be the last thing the viewer sees.

I thought hat if my video was a short film or something, then I would be all for putting my production credit.

Any one have thoughts on this?
Old March 8th, 2015, 02:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: To credit or not to credit

I had to shoot, edit and upload this in less than 24 hours, plus one in Spanish, a little rough, but I put the credits in the middle, and placed a call to action twice at the end. I think you should get your credit in somewhere or somehow, but having the call to action at the end is certainly most effective.

Tim Paynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2015, 06:07 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada

To be frank, I don't remember the last time I put a production credit on anything that a client paid for. I'd rather get work from the referral than have someone see my credit and possibly thinking it was crass.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 07:18 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yep - when was the last time you saw a "production credit" on any advertisement?
Christian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 12:50 AM   #5
Trustee

You paying me is my credit. If I was doing it for free, or at a vastly reduced rate, I sometimes put my logo up at the end. But it's rare.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 08:18 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Update; I ended up not putting a credit on the movie. The only reason I asked is the client told me I could, but since it was a 30 second movie, I didn't want to take up 2 seconds with my credit.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business