City Council Meetings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old October 16th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

City Council Meetings

Does anyone video tape city council meetings. Trying to figure a rate for this service.

The meetings are approx. 1.5 hours long (average). I will need to mic 9 people, run two cameras (fixed focus, angle etc.) and switch live into VHS recorder. Looking at 2 meetings per month. Cameras are GL2's.
Ron Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #2
Major Player

I've filled in for a buddy that does. Not sure you could pay me enough to listen to that on a regular basis... Whew....

He gets $500/mtg. Usually they run 2-2.5 hrs. He supplies the One Cam, switcher and an SVHS Deck. City provides the audio gear and a second fixed cam. The SVHS tape is the only deliverable. He has a annual contract.
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Wilson
Not sure you could pay me enough to listen to that on a regular basis... Whew....
I heard that! LMAO! :O

Rob, I hope you do a much better job than the folks that do ours. Uh, more often than not green video, frequently little or no audio, audio hum, etc.. Unbelievable! When I called the woman at the library who oversees this to see if they would consider hiring a knowledeable person, she stated that they really didn't have a budget and that she felt everything was just fine as it was. Translation: I need to keep my job by appearing as though I have everything under control.
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business