Facebook at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:23 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Facebook

I have a personal account but want to setup a separate one for my business. Aren't accounts tied to your email and name do I need a separate email? I was researching and read contradictory info. One person said Facebook can shutdown all your accounts if they catch you with separate multiple accounts , another said it's allowed and another said it's linked to your personal account.

The main purpose will be for my event theatrical filming part of my business. To distribute order forms, promote sales, and post short montage clips. I have a dance recital director who wants me to upload montage clips of each group. I thought if I create this account I could upload them there and share them out that way.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Facebook

There are separate pages for businesses. You use your existing personal page still, so they're tied together a little.

For instance, when I go to facebook, in the top right, I can switch over to use Facebook as my business, rather than my personal.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #3
Inner Circle

My FB wedding page is linked to my personal account, but is accessible to the public under the wedding business name without them linking it to my personal account. Your FB business page will be accessed as www.facebook.com/your business name.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 06:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Thanks I'll give business page a try.

Another question can you embed a vimeo video? I don't like how Facebook video upload degrades the quality too much for my liking.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2016, 03:56 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Pete, you can certainly embed YouTube video so would assume Vimeo would be the same.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2016, 03:23 PM   #6
Major Player

Just paste the url & the vimeo video embeds. Occasionally, if you redo a video or upload a new version & there's a "Fetch New Scrape" issue you can google search, but outside of that yes it's very easy.
David Barnett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business