BOGUS XL1S auctions on Ebay at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old February 1st, 2006, 08:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

BOGUS XL1S auctions on Ebay

bogus XL1S auctions on Ebay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a terrible experience happen to me recently on Ebay where people are selling XL1S camcorders - but the customer is not receiving the item. Luckily, I had my money returned to me - but the bottom line is that people are hacking into other Ebay user's accounts and using their information to post fake auctions. Make sure you only buy through a reputable camera shop through Ebay that takes a credit card - do not send a check or money order. Paypal isn't safe either, because they only cover up to $1,000....so if you buy a $3,000 item, you're out $2,000....Be safe.
Dean Orewiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:08 AM   #2
Major Player

ive been lucky so far... and my xl1s that i bought from a board member is scheduled to arrive any day now.. as long as i dont recieve a box of bricks ill have a pretty good online buying streak going..
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:13 AM   #3
Trustee

How does ebay really protect the buyer? Say if the goods didnt arrive? Wats the procedure?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:47 AM   #4
New Boot

This page intentionally left blank

Last edited by Andy Drefs; February 1st, 2006 at 12:01 PM.
Andy Drefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:56 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

We started the DV Info Classifieds as an alternative to Ebay. We're trying to attract folks who would rather not deal with online auctions. Let's please reserve our Classifieds forum for that specific purpose, and not for sharing Ebay war stories. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Major Player

I agree Chris. But considering the number of scams with video equipment, between eBay, the NYC alley-front shops, fake deposit checks, fake job offers, etc, maybe we could add a forum just for posting scam notices. That would give them some longevity, especially if moderated well. We already have 54 forums, what is one more? :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business