DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   I need a name... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/77804-i-need-name.html)

Gabriel Yeager October 19th, 2006 02:03 PM

I need a name...

Now that I have a camera, I need a name for my productions...

Everything that I have came up with so far has been pretty sad. If any of you could help, that would be great. I want the name to have something to do with like nature foresty kind of stuff. I plan on doing Documentaries, Wildlife films, and fantasy films.

The best thing I cam up with was Summit Sunrise Studios. But that is where my creativity stopped.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!
~Gabriel~

Greg Boston October 19th, 2006 05:31 PM

Okay, I'll bite. How about...

Timberline Productions
Upstream Productions
Creative River Productions

Maybe those are no good but can spark something else for you.

-gb-

Gabriel Yeager October 20th, 2006 12:18 PM

Thanks, Greg.

I like the "Creative River Productions". Maybe I'll use that... But first I'll wait and see if anyone else has some suggestions.

Keep em' coming, please!

Thanks!
~Gabriel~

Frank Granovski October 20th, 2006 12:58 PM

Black Blood Productions
(The) Lodge films

Ken Diewert October 21st, 2006 12:28 AM

Gabriel,

If you went with Creative River Adventure Productions, you would be CRAP for short. :) Actually Creative River invokes an upbeat, dynamic image. Always changing, yet always reliably constant.

Using your 3-S alliteration, how about 'Silver Summit Studios' or 'Stone Summit Studios'.

Or you may want to choose something that fits your personality. I think for you that 'Eager Beaver Video Productions' might work.

Or you could go with an animal that moves forward only when it sticks it's neck out. 'Painted Turtle Productions'

Have fun with it.

Good Luck

Gabriel Yeager October 21st, 2006 10:59 AM

Thanks, guys! I'll keep them all in mind.
But for now, lets keep them coming.

I have got to say, "I'm glad that I thought to ask for help here."

Thanks!
~Gabriel~

Greg Boston October 21st, 2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Diewert
Or you may want to choose something that fits your personality. I think for you that 'Eager Beaver Video Productions' might work.

I too thought of the Eager Beaver thing given Gabriel's sig line. I thought of Creative River because it ties an outdoors/nature theme to a stream of thought thing.

Hey, there's another one Gabriel...."Stream of Thought Studios". Gee, maybe I should charge for these things. (hehe)

-gb-

Gabriel Yeager October 21st, 2006 02:51 PM

Thanks, Greg. haha, you should start a name making business.

Stream of thoughts studios is a good one.
But still have not made a decision on a name yet.

Thanks guys,
~Gabriel~

Frank Granovski October 21st, 2006 07:49 PM

How about, Digital Mist?

By itself or add something like productions, studio, videography or creations.

I like, Digital Mist Productions.

Meryem Ersoz October 22nd, 2006 02:54 PM

oooo, digital mist. i like that. creative river is nice, too. you better snap one of these up before someone else grabs 'em.

Cody Lucido October 22nd, 2006 02:56 PM

Naturigital ;)

Gabriel Yeager October 22nd, 2006 03:14 PM

Still holding off....

Thanks, everyone! These are some great names in here. Its amazing that one forum can give you some many ideas. Thanks, Chris and others!

I'm still holding off for that "perfect" (or as close to it that I can get) name that fits what I do, tho...

Thanks again everyone.
~Gabriel~

Greg Boston October 22nd, 2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Thanks, everyone! These are some great names in here. Its amazing that one forum can give you some many ideas. Thanks, Chris and others!

I'm still holding off for that "perfect" (or as close to it that I can get) name that fits what I do, tho...

Thanks again everyone.
~Gabriel~

Well Gabriel, you might wish to start thinking of a name based on the ideas you've been given. There's only so much help you are going to get before people will tire of you saying, "still holding off".

-gb-

Gabriel Yeager October 23rd, 2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Well Gabriel, you might wish to start thinking of a name based on the ideas you've been given. There's only so much help you are going to get before people will tire of you saying, "still holding off".

-gb-

This is true... I don't mean it in a bad way at all when I say it, I just have not yet found one that I am 100% happy with.

I am putting thought into it, and trying to mix the names, but have only came up with the names (from putting them together), Misty River Productions, Silver Mist Productions, and Summit Mist Studios.

Thanks guys!
~Gabriel~

Meryem Ersoz October 23rd, 2006 11:57 AM

another way to approach this would be to let your footage inspire your name instead of the other way around. put that camera to work and follow where it leads you...