DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   How to make money with video video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/87485-how-make-money-video-video.html)

Larry Vaughn February 24th, 2007 10:02 PM

How to make money with video video

What do people think about some of the videos out there that supposedly help you run a business making pro level videos for business?

Chris Hurd February 24th, 2007 10:17 PM

Moved from Canon XH to Taking Care of Business.

Jason Robinson February 25th, 2007 12:04 PM

As long as they don't say "System"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Vaughn
What do people think about some of the videos out there that supposedly help you run a business making pro level videos for business?

I see so many of those "Buy My System" videos that it gets annoying AND I wonder who is falling for that crap. If anything is a system, then it smacks of either false pretense (the guys system is selling the system to others aka multi-level marketing) or the videos just have good advice and that is about it.

DVInfo.net is about a great a resource as you need at first. :-)

jason

George Loch March 2nd, 2007 12:23 AM

Not really a big believer in the how-to business videos. THe king is content and content is king. You just have to follow a content area you are passionate abotu and make sure you have a market for it.

-gl

Kit Hannah March 2nd, 2007 12:57 AM

If you believe there is a market for it, then I would say go for it - as long as you can make some money doing it. How-to videos are big business, for anything and everything. It would need to be very straight forward, informational but to the point, and entertaining. I don't know that a video for video guys is going to be the right catch though - there's a ton of resources out there, such as vasst, etc.

I always tell people this - I would go and shoot shit burning in a bag for an hour if I thought there was a market for it and enough people were willing to buy it. Get me my gas mask. If it's worth it, then try it.

Jason Robinson March 2nd, 2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah (Post 634500)
I always tell people this - I would go and shoot shit burning in a bag for an hour if I thought there was a market for it and enough people were willing to buy it. Get me my gas mask. If it's worth it, then try it.

heheheh

But speaking of How-To videos, I am actually in pre-production on two right now... but these two are how to build / run two types of solid durable appliances / machines..... not a training video on how to increase sales using high pressure techniques, etc.

jason

Larry Vaughn March 6th, 2007 10:36 PM

Burning bags

Kit, you could put your burning bag video in front of a virtual online world residence. I'm sure someone would open the door and stomp out the fire. Then you could market the gas mask video.

Kit Hannah March 7th, 2007 12:32 AM

I'm sure there's someone out there that would buy that....people buy some of the dumbest things.