How to make money with video video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old February 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Major Player

How to make money with video video

What do people think about some of the videos out there that supposedly help you run a business making pro level videos for business?
Larry Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Canon XH to Taking Care of Business.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Trustee

As long as they don't say "System"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Vaughn
What do people think about some of the videos out there that supposedly help you run a business making pro level videos for business?
I see so many of those "Buy My System" videos that it gets annoying AND I wonder who is falling for that crap. If anything is a system, then it smacks of either false pretense (the guys system is selling the system to others aka multi-level marketing) or the videos just have good advice and that is about it.

DVInfo.net is about a great a resource as you need at first. :-)

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Not really a big believer in the how-to business videos. THe king is content and content is king. You just have to follow a content area you are passionate abotu and make sure you have a market for it.

-gl
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM   #5
Major Player

If you believe there is a market for it, then I would say go for it - as long as you can make some money doing it. How-to videos are big business, for anything and everything. It would need to be very straight forward, informational but to the point, and entertaining. I don't know that a video for video guys is going to be the right catch though - there's a ton of resources out there, such as vasst, etc.

I always tell people this - I would go and shoot shit burning in a bag for an hour if I thought there was a market for it and enough people were willing to buy it. Get me my gas mask. If it's worth it, then try it.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:12 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Hannah View Post
I always tell people this - I would go and shoot shit burning in a bag for an hour if I thought there was a market for it and enough people were willing to buy it. Get me my gas mask. If it's worth it, then try it.
heheheh

But speaking of How-To videos, I am actually in pre-production on two right now... but these two are how to build / run two types of solid durable appliances / machines..... not a training video on how to increase sales using high pressure techniques, etc.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #7
Major Player

Burning bags

Kit, you could put your burning bag video in front of a virtual online world residence. I'm sure someone would open the door and stomp out the fire. Then you could market the gas mask video.
Larry Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #8
Major Player

I'm sure there's someone out there that would buy that....people buy some of the dumbest things.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business