bh photo video customer service - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old March 5th, 2007, 02:27 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I absolutely love B and H, they've always been very helpful, very competitive, and very, very, very! timely with their orders. I also recommend going to their store, its always a pleasure.

Hahahahaha, us "east coasters", blunt? - well, we don't like to wast time, and they haven't ever seemed like that to me, so maybe it is a regional thing.
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Richardson View Post
Hahahahaha, us "east coasters", blunt? - well, we don't like to wast time, and they haven't ever seemed like that to me, so maybe it is a regional thing.
Those of us from more relaxed parts of the country find those 'time wasting' social pleasantries are the lubricant that lets us interact with others without coming to fisticuffs <grin>.
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #18
New Boot

I've had very good service from them until recently. I ordered some audio equipment that took too long to arrive, and sent an email stating my concerns. I received a rude note back saying that they couldn't possibly be the probelm, so it had to be me.
It wasn't worth the time and effort to go back and gather all dates and really make an issue over it.

New Yorkers or not - rude is rude and it reflects badly for these guys.
That said...I'm still buying stuff from them, as this was one out of many, many otherwise good experiences.
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #19
Inner Circle

This from California-- B&H has always been prompt on my orders, and never an issue on the expectations regarding product or delivery time. I only order on line, so rude talk involved...
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #20
Major Player

B&H is the only place I buy from online. They have low prices and are extremely honest.
Old March 6th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #21
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. Michael View Post
Something has changed with B&H online ordering fulfillment. They once offered a very fast turnaround, but now it takes a couple days of "processing" time before the product ships.
I ordered two times yesterday, and both orders were shipped by 11am today. One order had 4 items in it with a credit card, the other was on store credit. Perhaps you just ordered something which wasn't immedately in stock?
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #22
Major Player

I have also noticed the 'processing' on recent orders. My on-line order from last night is still shows this. Another recent order 'processed' for a couple of days.
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #23
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hill View Post
I agree B&H reps are somewhat curt on the phone but I just take it for East coast personality :)

Otherwise they have been pretty ideal to work with; in regards to ordering, returns, and even instances where the screw-up was my fault, they have always resolved it.
I have to agree they are a bit curt and sometimes a difficult to understand. A couple of times I've got someone with a fairly thick middle eastern accent. Regardless, I was off the phone and good to go in a matter of minutes each time with minimal fuss with no mistakes or misunderstandings.
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #24
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Davidson View Post
I have also noticed the 'processing' on recent orders. My on-line order from last night is still shows this. Another recent order 'processed' for a couple of days.
Of the past 4 or so orders I've dealt with them by phone, perhaps the online orders are taking more time.

EDIT> nevermind I take that back, one of my orders yesterday was done online and it shipped promptly as well. I can hardly wait... Nikon 80-200 zoom incoming!
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #25
Tourist

the school district I work for is no longer using B and H as a vendor due to very poor after sales service in the past. a shame since I am putting a list together for a new high school that will probably be in the 20k range and I dont where to go for a vendor...
Old March 6th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #26
Regular Crew

well theres Ablecinetech...http://www.abelcine.com/store/home.php
Old March 6th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #27
Obstreperous Rex

Not only Abel, but any one of our site sponsors: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors (one of whom is in Oregon).

After all the work I've put into building a list of highly regarded, trustworthy, reputable dealers, it's difficult for me to see someone post on this site that they "don't know where to go for a vendor." I mean, I've done that homework for you already.

We've heard from all sides about this topic now. Thanks all,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business