Online/instant payment systems and such. at

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Online/instant payment systems and such.

I'm doing a little research on this, as I have serveral clients internationaly from whom I need to collect money.

I don't want to use Paypal because with the 3%, I'll be losing $100+ each. I vaguely remember that you could use your credit card to buy money orders online with Western Union or someone, and they would mail them directly, except now I can't find it on their web site.

I'm also looking for a common form of electronic bank transfer, which would suit my needs as well. In Canada we have Interac/email money transfers at most banks, but no idea if you have it in the US as well.

If anyone can give me some leads on this, I'd appreciate it!

Need to rent camera gear in Vancouver BC?
Check me out at
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:30 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The easiest way, other than Paypal, may be just to have the money wired between banks. Banks all over the world do this and transfer money every day at certain times.

Most charge a fee for sending and some a fee for receiving. My bank charges twenty dollars for receiving and processing, but that is cheaper than the $100 you mentioned.

Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business