Got "arrested" by mall cops. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old May 16th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #31
Regular Crew

The Gangs of the Malls

Its a grrrreat story about DeBartolo and Mel Simon.

Ed tried to buy the Chicago White Soxs for his daughter many years ago. Mel owned or owns the Indiana Pacers. I don't follow it much.

Can't say much more about that situation. I guess its like pilot employer relationship. Like attorney client privileges.

Later Gang!

evc@starband.net
Bob Deming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #32
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Off-topic, but just as a follow-up

Simon Property Group is organized as a publicly-traded REIT. According to their 2002 annual report and financial statement I see that the DeBartolo family (a.k.a. NID Corporation) own 9.1% of the outstanding shares of SPG. Denise DeBartolo York is also on Simon's board and Richard Sokolov, DeBartolo Realty's's former CEO, is Simon's President and CEO.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 10:05 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Very Interesting Stuff

Sure would make a great movie!

Wonder if we could get Ed (Senior) to talk. Would be interesting to interview the daughter. She was a little wild in her days (about 20 yrs ago).

But the Simon ties to Ed's family would be something like....damn I can't think of the word.

If I say like "Godfather III or IV" it wouldn't be fair to Ed or Mel. But the deals they put together and the money involved would be cool to screenplay.

Hey, just to get into Mel's compound on 86th street in Indianapolis is a trick. To use his compound for a shoot would be cool as hell.

Maybe I should call Ed, Jr. and see if he and his sister would be interested in a little short (skirt). If she gets made she is the type that tosses as drink in your face. But a nice girl!

So, who's gonna call Eddie or Mel?

Hahahahahaha!!!

evc@starband.net
Bob Deming is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business