Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:42 PM   #16
Wrangler

Yeah... Rent the camera get the operator for free...
The curse of cheap, quality DV cameras hitting the consummer market.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:45 PM   #17
Slash Rules!

I don't know about THAT. . .I don't think $300 is a good day rate for a DVX. . .that's about twice what it rents for from most places, but I was mostly amazed that he threw in himself, the light kit, and 12 years experience for that amount. At least that money would go farther in Houston than in NYC. Poor bastard.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:48 PM   #18
Wrangler

You know what I meant. :)

Actually, my day rate is pretty close to what it would cost to rent all my gear for a day (two cameras, light kit, mics) seperatly.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:53 PM   #19
Slash Rules!

I don't know what my day rate is. Seems to vary with each job. One day. . .you bastards, one day.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 10:48 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Josh. That post is for Atlanta. This must be a multiple city project according to what you saw as well. The cheap ass virus is definitely spreading! We need to call the CAC (Cheap Ass Control) center.

The DVX-100a is going for 250.00-275.00 / day in the Atlanta market.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 11:35 PM   #21
Slash Rules!

Wow. Interesting. I think everyone's infected with that virus.
Old November 24th, 2004, 07:07 AM   #22
Trustee

Just WOW. I checked out the craiglist for crews in Atlanta. Someone wanted a 16mm cameraman AND a Steadicam op for 16mm for free. But you do get a VHS.

Just WOW.
Old November 24th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #23
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by George Ellis : Someone wanted a 16mm cameraman AND a Steadicam op for 16mm for free. But you do get a VHS.

Just WOW. -->>>

Not even a DVD.... :)
Old November 25th, 2004, 01:49 PM   #24
RED Code Chef

The offtopic discussion on DV versus uncompressed has been
split off to a new thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=35491

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old November 26th, 2004, 06:31 PM   #25
Regular Crew

this is the kind of business wher people glady start out for free.
This makes for lots of sharks in the pond that will exploit talent as long as they can. We all know this before we get in it.
Therefor, we can'r gripe about it. Truth is, we have choices. I can choose to work for this place or that place. here are many crappy jobs out there. It's on us if we decide to take one.
When interviewing a company, just ensure they are who you want to spend more than half of your waking hours with. It's simple enough. Don't look at it as them interviewing you... but you decising weather or not to bless them with your presence.
Old December 23rd, 2004, 04:42 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Most Rediculous to date - Kick a guy in the crotch!

Found this post on a popular production board

"Catchy title, huh? :) Looking for girls/women who would be interested in kicking a guy in thet nuts. :) It's mainly for a comedy website that features "jackass" type stunts. So if you think it's funny. Sense of humor I think is key :) You can reach me at xjsmith78x on my yahoo account ,and a reply on why you would like to do it might be a good start. Also a pic of yourself would be most appreciated, if at all possible. :)

$50 per half hour
$75 per hour

So, if you think kicking a guy in the nuts is funny or if it's something you'd like to try or if it's something you might enjoy then please feel free to respond :)
It'll most likely be done in public places so safety of the girls comes first. And yes we're trying to target a group of girls and not just one girl. Preferably college girls but anyone is welcomed :)"
Old December 23rd, 2004, 06:50 PM   #27
Wrangler

Kick a guy in the nuts *AND* get paid?????
No way, it must be fake. ;)
Old December 29th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Lesbian seeks platonic Sugar Daddy

I know this has nothing to do with production but it was one of the best pitches I have seen in while.

"Hi there. I've noticed something lately. There are a lot of women out there without jobs galavanting around in new cars wearing nice clothes and eating at expensive resturaunts. I work my butt off and I barely scrape by. This really got me to thinking, and I've made a decision. Yes, I am a lesbian, but I want a sugar daddy. So I'm making an offer.

First, a little bit about me:
I am a 24 year old Lesbian. I have great features, but I've kind of taken the boyish route as far as hair style and clothes go. I can show you high school pictures that prove I have knock out potential. I'm 5'8" and about 145. Blah, blah, blah...I'm cute. I have a great sense of humor. I work at a bar. I'm a singer/songwriter and I play guitar. I like sports, movies, and Thai food.

Here is what I can do for you:
I will clean your house. I will do your laundry. I will run your dishwasher (you must have a dishwasher). I will cook your dinner (or make dinner reservations). I will throw lavish parties for your friends and/or business partners. I will run errands, do the grocery shopping, take the dog to the vet, get the oil changed in the Beamer and the Escalade, and buy you new socks and underwear. I will answer the phone when it's someone you don't want to talk to and tell them that you are very busy and can't talk (when you are really just watching the Falcon's game in your leather recliner, kicked back with a bottle of Newcastle and some cashews). (With some help from my gay friends) I will revamp your wardrobe (and most likely your hair style and grooming habits) and make you irresistible to straight women. I will not sleep with you, but I will GET YOU LAID. A LOT.

In short, I will be a cross section of the most important people in any man's life. I'll be your best bud, your maid, your personal assistant, your gay friend, your lesbian friend, your confidant, your lackie, your "yes" man, and of course - your gay wife who doesn't sleep with you or fight with you and actually encourages you to bring home other women - hot women. And, if you're lucky, and I get really drunk, I might have amorous relations with one of those hot women you bring home and let you watch.

And all I ask in return is:
I get my own room in your very nice house and you buy me anything and everything I want.

If this is an offer you just can't refuse, drop me a line and we'll do lunch - on you."

Peace,
B
Old December 29th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #29
Major Player

gee, aside from the lesbian part, it sounds just like pretty much every woman I've met in the last 10 years! Hahahaha!
Old December 29th, 2004, 05:26 PM   #30
Wrangler

Shit, that sounds like a pretty good deal...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business