Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old January 19th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #346
Major Player

The Ninja site was great!
Especially the hate mail. How big of a stick do some people have up their keester? Did anyone ever have a disucssion with one of the "real pratictioners" about how ninjas can really turn themselves invisible...

And laugh all you want to, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone picked up that superhero show. Kind of like a scripted "jackass"...
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #347
Capt. Quirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Bailey
The Ninja site was great!
Especially the hate mail. How big of a stick do some people have up their keester? Did anyone ever have a disucssion with one of the "real pratictioners" about how ninjas can really turn themselves invisible...

And laugh all you want to, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone picked up that superhero show. Kind of like a scripted "jackass"...
I'd watch it... if nothing else, just because I enjoy watching some idiot get a whoopin ;)
Old January 19th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #348
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
Damn. . .you bastards found my secret ridiculous post goldmine.
Who are you calling a bastard?
Old January 19th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #349
Regular Crew

Gem & Jewelry Show

Hahahahaha! I'm with Keith and Simon. That is absolutely f***king ridiculous!! LMAO!! Please give me their number. I think I have seen that show way up in the channels on Comcast. Who allows these cheap asses to broadcast nationally with their CZ bubblegum machine crapola!?
Old January 19th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #350
Regular Crew

These cheapasses must be related to the jewelry folks. The really mean gaffers but for the PA rate. How can they say they are the fastest growing production company in the ATL? What if I said mine was or if you said yours was, it would be anarchy! If $10/hour pay represents success for the fastest production company in Atlanta, we're in big trouble!

"We are looking for production assistants for various projects. Some experience with lights, etc. preferred. please email resume and references. Good entry level work for ambitious young people with Atlanta's fastest growing video production company.

Compensation: Starts at $10 per hour"
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #351
Slash Rules!

The local CBS affiliate is paying its photographers $15 an hour.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #352
New Boot

Is this rediculous?

We need an Avid Editor with the skills necessary to put together a 30-minute Entertainment and Comedy Show. We don't have time to babysit, so unless you can bring it, please don't apply. If you like Howard Stern, Jaime Kennedy and Wild on E! then you'll like this show. We're airing nationally this Spring, so the pay won't stay low forever...and this may even be the beginning of a great career.

If you can operate a DVX-100 that would be great too.

Job location is Vegas

Compensation: $10.00 an hour to start

no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!

no -- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

yes -- Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #353
Slash Rules!

Attitude + Low pay for a show actually slated to air nationally = Bite me!
Old January 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #354
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
The local CBS affiliate is paying its photographers $15 an hour.
That is unbelievably ridiculous considering the schedule that they keep. They'll keep getting that low as long as they allow it to go on. I think it also depends on the market but that is way to low considering the skill required and schedule.
Old January 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #355
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Sullivan
Is this rediculous?

We need an Avid Editor with the skills necessary to put together a 30-minute Entertainment and Comedy Show. We don't have time to babysit, so unless you can bring it, please don't apply. If you like Howard Stern, Jaime Kennedy and Wild on E! then you'll like this show. We're airing nationally this Spring, so the pay won't stay low forever...and this may even be the beginning of a great career.

If you can operate a DVX-100 that would be great too.

Job location is Vegas

Compensation: $10.00 an hour to start.
And I thought all the cheapasses were in Atlanta. That is a certified case of mental illness! I love how all of the cheapasses have ESPN, I mean ESP, and know how successful their one of a kind show will be. But they all seem to slip in the words, may or if as an escape. We need to produce a Craig's List "So Where Are They Now" folllow up show.

I would actually like to know how many of these ridiculous pipe dreams actually even materialize as a production day, much less a finished product, much less if it is sold and successful.
Old January 20th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #356
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory
We need to produce a Craig's List "So Where Are They Now" folllow up show.
As the Atlanta area's fastest growing production company (300% increase in size from last year!), I will take you up on that. And not to be undersold, I will be hiring a PA for $9.50 an hour. This is just the job for YOU.

OOPS. FORGOT TO USE THE CAPS LOCK KEY.

:p
Old January 20th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #357
Inner Circle

You can always tell who's working for those companies on the various boards.

"We shot our 30 minutes show with the lens cap on. Is there a filter that I can use to remove it in Final Cut Pro?"

and when they run into a software problem and you tell them to reinstall . . ."I can't find my install disk and lost my serial number. Can you . . .?"

The amazing thing is those are the kinds of folks that underbid us on jobs . . . and they get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham
. . .
Problem is that there is always a University leaver somewhere who wants to get their foot in the door and will go to any lengths to do so, and will accept such rates. And there's a load of production companies out there that know this.
Old January 20th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #358
Regular Crew

Oh boy

I'm new here, but I figured I'd start everyone off with a whopper (of a job....not the burger)

CAMERA OPERATOR NEEDED
Reply to: gigs-126996360@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-01-20, 1:57PM EST

TV SHOW REQUIRES CAMERA OPERATOR. NO PAY BUT IF SHOW IS EVENTUALLY A HIT WILL USE PERSON FOR FUTURE SHOWS. The first episode will be shot this week and it will air on MNN Public ACESSS. Later, once shows are developed at a higher level, they will be submitted to COMEDY EXPRESS TV, COMEDY CENTRAL etc..
The show will involve all of the follwoing: parodies, spoofs, interviews, special effects and animation, and a variety of interesting guests.

About me: I am a writer, a college prof. of writing, and a standup comedian. I am friends with a large network of talented comedians who want to participate in the show's production.

This show WILL BE FUNNY AND WILL BE DIFFERENT AND IS LIKELY TO GET NOTICED. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a production at its inception.

Ideally, the camera operator will have an XL1, but if not that is okay too.

In the future, I may be able to pay the camera operator a small salary 5-10 dollars an hour.

* this is in or around Manhattan
* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: No pay now; in future may be at least 5-10 dollars an hour

Wow...what a heavy hitter.....5 to 10 bucks an hour, MAYBE. But first you have to prove yourself by working for nothing. Oh, and he's got alot of power comedian friends....just so you know. I'm assuming this is one of his jokes.

Oh, and he has the balls to call 5 - 10 bucks an hour "salary".
Old January 20th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #359
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Marks

Wow...what a heavy hitter.....5 to 10 bucks an hour, MAYBE. But first you have to prove yourself by working for nothing. Oh, and he's got alot of power comedian friends....just so you know. I'm assuming this is one of his jokes.

Oh, and he has the balls to call 5 - 10 bucks an hour "salary".
Forgive him for he does not know!
Old January 20th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #360
Regular Crew

HOT new..... This could be......

"Xx Xxxx Xx X Xxxxx Film Works in conjunction with a popular Atlanta radio station is currently seeking professional, dependable, and reliable Final Cut Pro Editors, Web Designers, Graphic Artist and Video Tape Loggers for a HOT new TV show. Presently the position is on a volunteer/intern basis and there is no compensation. However, the opportunity could lead to a fulltime position and/or production credits. If you are interested and available to volunteer your services…please email your resume and availability to........"
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business