Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old April 7th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #586
Slash Rules!

Here's another. You get to pay for your own food, too:

"Videographer/DP - summer cross-country adventure
Reply to: contactus@sendthestates.com
Date: 2006-04-07, 10:15PM EDT

www.SendTheStates.com

About the Project:

Documentary of…
The road-trip of a lifetime
Two and a half month cross-country travel
Rock climbing and bouldering in approx. 14 states
Camping & hiking
Highlighting of environmental and access issues

Exposure through…
Film festivals
Event screenings
DVD distribution
Local press
Magazine articles

About us:

Two women, one guy, mid-20’s
Adventurous
Political
Down to Earth
Rock Climbers

Who we are looking for:

Someone who…
Has experience with shooting documentary-style footage and/or sporting events
Wants to try unique, interesting visual approaches to filming
Loves the outdoors and who will enjoy that aspect of the trip
Is a good traveler who would be excited about exploring the country
Has a good eye for getting beautiful shots (video and photography)
Is a climber or is at least interested in learning about climbing
Is prepared (and excited) to get up on some rocks to get a good shot
Can get as into this project as we have

Female and New York-based preferred

Compensation:

Free travel across the country for the duration of the project
Camping and site fees paid for
No food covered at this stage, but most camping gear you would need will be provided
Exposure for your work

We’re determined to make this project a success and we’re eager to work and travel with someone who will feel the same and who will enjoy the trip as much as we will.

More information about the project is available at www.SendTheStates.com

* this is in or around NYC
* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

"
Old April 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #587
Slash Rules!

I knew it was crap when I read the word hip hop

"Production staff needed for live theatre Hip-Hop show
Reply to: tvproductions@optonline.net
Date: 2006-04-09, 4:49PM EDT

Volunteer production staff needed for live theater Hip-Hop show; taping for a reality show and hip-hop documentary. The show will take place on Sat. May 20, 2006 at the Symphony Space Theatre on 95th Street & Broadway in NYC. Many positions require no experience -- just ambitious, proactive, hardworking people in the film, TV, music, and hip-hop biz. If you are interested, send us a brief email indicating your interest, contact name, phone #, email address, production experience and position of interest to tvproductions@optonline.net. Applications will not be accepted without all of the required info. Must be available on Sat. May 20th all day. All staff will receive credit, lunch, and a copy of the show.

Stage Manager Assistant
Backstage Manager Assistant
Backstage Production Assistant 1
Backstage Production Assistant 2
Backstage Production Assistant 3
Backstage Production Assistant 4
Front of the house Supervisor
VIP Hostess
Hostess(greet guest/distribute programs/raffle/mailing list)
Hostess(greet guest/distribute programs/assist w/concession)
Backstage security
*** Experienced Production Manager (knowledge in the use of digital camera operation, will supervise camera operators.)
Assistant to Production Manager
*** Camera operators (with or without camera -- own camera a plus)
*** 24 p Camera operator (left/close-ups)
*** 24 p Camera operator (right/audience)
*** 24 p Camera operator (center/wide/zooms)
*** 24 p Camera operator (backstage/interviews)
*** 24 p Camera operator (floater/all)
*** Experienced Light Technician (for a 750+ seat theatre)
*** Photographer (with own digital camera)

***Experience required

* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

"
Old April 11th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #588
Inner Circle

So you have to show up for an interview and go to two rehersals and a 6 hour shoot with your own camera for a grand total of $100. That's $10/hr and that's assuming you would only charge for 2 hours for each rehersal . . . below most people's minimum hours for a shoot. This ad was in the paid advertising section (TV/Radio) not the Gigs sections.

VIDEOGRAPHER WITH OWN EQUIPMENT FOR HALF DAY SHOOT THIS SATURDAY

Reply to: job-150119932@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-10, 11:23PM EDT

Looking for an experienced videographer with 3ccd digital camcorder (Canon Xls1 or better) to shoot a comedy sketch from 9-2pm this Saturday 4/15. Pay is $100 flat (cash) and you will receive a 5 minutes clip of video for your reel. I am interviewing Wednesday at 6pm and hiring Thursday. If hired, you must be available to attend rehearsals Thursday and Friday evening from 6-8pm. Must have a resume and reel, no exceptions! Email asap and highlight your experience and also include your name and CONTACT TELEPHONE number and you will be contacted Wednesday morning regarding interview. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Job location is NYC
Compensation: $100 FLAT
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #589
Capt. Quirk

Does this sound like a photographer to you?

Job Title: Photographer
Employer: News 13
Employment Type: Full Time
Description: Tracking Code - 10089

Major Function: Operate ENG/SNG newsgathering equipment. Shoot, edit and feed video for recorded and live events under deadline
Essential Functions: Responsible for the operation of electronic newsgathering trucks for live news events, press conferences, or breaking news events. Operate ENG/SNG vehicles under company guidelines and within proper safety standards. Shoot and edit stories as assigned by the Assignment Desk. Work with reporters in the newsgathering process when assigned. Ability to conduct interviews for sound or tape segments or breaking news. Maintain technical systems, diagnose and repair equipment failure and install new equipment when necessary. Report any broken or malfunctioning equipment for further attention. Consistently represent News 13 in a professional manner. Flexible to work varying schedules, including holidays, evenings and weekends. Demonstrate proficiency at multi-tasking and must have the ability to prioritize and make decisions. Ability to work effectively within a team environment and handle a time pressure deadline environment. Perform other duties as assigned.

Special Skills: Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with the public in various situations. Be able to identify and resolve problems. Must have strong mechanical skills. Knowledge of microwave, satellite and fiber systems a plus. Have basic computer skills to include Word and Excel Working Conditions: Materials and Equipment Used: Various studio and remote broadcasting equipment, computers, scanners, telephones and various office equipment. ENG/SNG and satellite trucks Physical Requirements: Lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds. Sitting, walking, running, standing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, stooping, handling, typing, fingering, seeing, hearing, talking, pushing and pulling. Works inside and outside throughout the year and may be subjected to various weather conditions which could include extreme hot or cold conditions.

Education/Experience: College degree or trade school training or equivalent experience with minimum of 2 years newsgathering experience. Experience with ENG/SNG vehicle operation preferred. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Old April 11th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #590
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
I knew it was crap when I read the word hip hop

"Production staff needed for live theatre Hip-Hop show
Reply to: tvproductions@optonline.net
Date: 2006-04-09, 4:49PM EDT

Volunteer production staff needed for live theater Hip-Hop show; taping for a reality show and hip-hop documentary. The show will take place on Sat. May 20, 2006 at the Symphony Space Theatre on 95th Street & Broadway in NYC. Many positions require no experience -- just ambitious, proactive, hardworking people in the film, TV, music, and hip-hop biz. If you are interested, send us a brief email indicating your interest, contact name, phone #, email address, production experience and position of interest to tvproductions@optonline.net. Applications will not be accepted without all of the required info. Must be available on Sat. May 20th all day. All staff will receive credit, lunch, and a copy of the show.

Stage Manager Assistant
Backstage Manager Assistant
Backstage Production Assistant 1
Backstage Production Assistant 2
Backstage Production Assistant 3
Backstage Production Assistant 4
Front of the house Supervisor
VIP Hostess
Hostess(greet guest/distribute programs/raffle/mailing list)
Hostess(greet guest/distribute programs/assist w/concession)
Backstage security
*** Experienced Production Manager (knowledge in the use of digital camera operation, will supervise camera operators.)
Assistant to Production Manager
*** Camera operators (with or without camera -- own camera a plus)
*** 24 p Camera operator (left/close-ups)
*** 24 p Camera operator (right/audience)
*** 24 p Camera operator (center/wide/zooms)
*** 24 p Camera operator (backstage/interviews)
*** 24 p Camera operator (floater/all)
*** Experienced Light Technician (for a 750+ seat theatre)
*** Photographer (with own digital camera)

***Experience required

"
Considering that this is in a theater in NYC, I suspect local union rules at the theater do not allow this. Ya think?
Old April 11th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #591
Slash Rules!

Ms. Scarlett, I don't know nothn' 'bout no unions.
Old April 11th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #592
Slash Rules!

I call this "Go Look Inside Part Deux".

http://houston.craigslist.org/tfr/150354690.html

(Sorry, it's laden with graphics, therefore not easy to paste right into the thread)

And another, apparently reposted on CL from Mandy:

"Reposting a Mandy gig
Reply to: see below
No contact info listed below? Let them know.
Date: 2006-04-11, 3:35PM EDT

I had such a laugh reading this, that I thought you guys will get a kick out of it too. I'm sure you all conjure up an image of the poster of this ad.

Looking for a dp with OWN Sony HDW-F900/3 CineAlta for a feature project to be shot guerilla style this summer starting in June. Must have experience with narrative dramatic material and a reel demonstrating that, also should have checkable references and credits.

This is NOT PAYING POSITION. The project is conceived and carried out by a group of producers and filmmakers whose previous work played and won prizes in major festival circuits (Sundance and all that chime...) and has been picked up for distribution, so you wouldn't be dealing with a bunch of amateurs. straight out of film school. We can offer a differed payment contract, however, for all intent and purposes this IS NOT A MONEY MAKING PROJECT. The script is excellent and name talent actors will be involved in the project, so it could turn out a great opportunity for the right candidate.

Please e-mail back with resumes and links to the online demo reels. If you don't have an online demo reel we will email you back with an address to send your reel if we are interested in you.

Also if you have an HDV camera and don't have CineAlta (or VariCam), please, don't waste your time, we have our own HDV cameras and not looking for more. Good luck to all the applicants and thank you.

Apply to: DT

* Compensation: bust a cap in yo ass "
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #593
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Last three posts removed... please keep in mind that I really don't want anything vulgar posted on this site. Keep the profanity and vulgarity out of here. Thanks,
Look what happens when I don't check in in a week or two! Josh have you been runnin' that potty mouth again? Chris, I reckon it's time he had that mouth washed out again. That DVi reply sender-outer has been on again off again since the upgrade. I actually had to catch up in this thread. Josh, you better not get my beloved thread suspended because of that sewer mouth.
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #594
Slash Rules!

Don't force me to make another mom joke. It was me and Keith, actually. You are WAY behind the times, dude.
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #595
Regular Crew

Well, whoever it applies to then. Don't you start with me squirt!!
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #596
Slash Rules!

It's cool. Me and Keith made up with Daddy, and we're not grounded anymore. We can't use the car for a month, however.
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #597
Capt. Quirk

I don't know what happened, just that Josh got me in trouble somehow!
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #598
Slash Rules!

No need to thank me Keith. It was no problem, really.
Old April 11th, 2006, 11:46 PM   #599
Capt. Quirk

And I was even being extra cautious, so as to not offend anyone!
Old April 12th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #600
Slash Rules!

It's my gift; it's my curse. Please, I'm just a regular guy, like all of you (except the women). I just have this. . .this POWER.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business