Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 59 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old February 2nd, 2007, 08:24 AM   #871
Inner Circle

Video tape Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show for FREE????. I know someone who made tens of thousands of dollars doing these. This is a major "upper class" event. Of course she has a list of MUST HAVES for your gear and it's days of shooting too. Of course all that dog video is critical for my reel.

You should have thousands of dollars of gear, spend hours of your time across days . . . and get paid less than a dog walker!

------------------------------------

Videographer for Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

Reply to: gigs-272148773@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-02, 12:43AM EST

The 131st Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is almost here and I need a videographer. Must have access to a 3C DV camera (Sony VX2000, Canon XL1, 24P, etc) lighting kit and proper sound (boom mic or lav).

It all begins on Monday, February the 5th. I need footage of Angel on a Leash, a cocktail soiree to benefit the Westminster Kennel Club Therapy Dog Program.

And from Friday, February 9th to Wednesday February 14th, I need a few hours of footage from different events during the Westminster Week including the main event, which takes place at Madison Square Garden on the 12th and 13th.

This is a non-paying gig (free meals and transportation included). Great opportunity to use footage for job reel and free up close and personal access to one of the biggest animal events in the world. And you'll be working side by side with pet expert, Charlotte Reed.

If interested, please contact Katie at 917-627-9597
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:05 AM   #872
Inner Circle

Well with tickets starting at 45.00 dollars to 145.00 you think they could actually give you some money. Although you video could get some press here http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...eed/index.html......... but that would mean your video going to the dogs............. Sorry I just had to make that joke.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM   #873
Inner Circle

Seems I wasn't the only one who thought they were a rip off. They got flagged off of craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Well with tickets starting at 45.00 dollars to 145.00 you think they could actually give you some money. Although you video could get some press here http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...eed/index.html......... but that would mean your video going to the dogs............. Sorry I just had to make that joke.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM   #874
Inner Circle

Seems I wasn't the only one who thought they were a rip off. They got flagged off of craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM   #875
Inner Circle

So for $100 a day you need to be "on call" for all 8 days! You're supposed to NOT book any other jobs, no guarantee they're using you that day, provide your own gear so you MIGHT make $100 for the day!

NY FASHION WEEK - VIDEOGRAPHER URGENT!! (Midtown)

Reply to: job-272483541@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-02, 5:19PM EST

NY based fashion company is looking to hire a cameraman/camerawoman from February 2-9 to film runway shows and backstage b-roll. OWN EQUIPMENT This is a temporary position. You must commit to be ON CALL the entire 8 days and will be available to shoot B Roll and Runway. Panasonic. Sony. Cannon Digital or HD Cameras with wireless mike and top light. Students and professionals welcome. $100 a day. Please send your resume and SAMPLE WORK, REEL and/or WEBSITE LINK to
press@stylezonetv.com
www.sztvmedia.com

There is opportunity for other work in NY, Los Angeles for the rest of the year if we like you!!!!
Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:42 AM   #876
Inner Circle

Now this MAJOR PEEVES me. VIBE, a commercial publication/media group, is looking for "interns" EXPERIENCED editors to work nearly half a work week WITHOUT PAY. I can understand the "make my movie for free" folks but when commercial entities want experienced part time FREE labor there's something seriously WRONG.

VIBE.com Seeks Video Editor Interns (Murray Hill)

Reply to: job-272538972@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-02, 7:24PM EST

VIBE.com is looking for a few good interns... who have experience in video editing.

We're looking for interns who know Final Cut Pro who can work for 15-20 hours a week at the VIBE Media Group (VIBE Magazine, VIBE.com, VIBE Vixen Magazine, VIBEVixen.com, mVIBE, VIBE Enterprises) and assist in video editing.

If you have video editing experience, love hip hop and urban culture, and are looking for an internship for school credit, we would love to hear from you! We have immediate openings for these internships.

Please send your resume to the e-mail address below with the subject line "VIDEO INTERN CANDIDATE".

Thank you for your time and consideration - we look forward to hearing from you!
Old February 3rd, 2007, 01:46 PM   #877
Major Player

I love this one, camera operator with own sony hd f900 or f950, work for a week for no pay. Yeah I'm sure their phone will be ringing off the hook for that one.

Atlanta filmmaker needs crew for upcoming documentary

Reply to: gigs-254688481@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-12-28, 8:21PM EST

We are filming a documentary in Atlanta from February 10th thru the 19th, 2007 and are in need of experienced:

-Gaffers
-Grips
-Sound Engineers
-Camera Operator with own HD package (Sony HD F900 or F950)

Please review the film site @ http://www.lifeismymovie.com/darkroom.

"Light in the Darkroom" is being directed by Vincent Vittorio whose film "Little Men" is being released on DVD. The film includes interviews with the makers of Adobe Photoshop and MAC!

Please submit your interest and resume's to evangeline@lifeismymovie.com for consideration.

Deadline for submission is January 20th, 2007. I look forward to hearing from you.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 254688481
Old February 8th, 2007, 04:55 AM   #878
Trustee

Why do I even bother?

You know, it would be cheaper just to hand him my 10 tapes and let him do the video here in ATL. Not even in my area.

=================================
Date: 2007-02-08, 2:36AM EST

Studeo22 Does Full Scale Final Cut Pro Editing for $150. Contact Fred at 302-###-#### or email ########@yahoo.com - Commercials - Music Video - Home Movies - Picture DVD's and more.

Compensation: $150 Per Project.
=================================
Old February 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #879
Inner Circle

There's ridiculous and there's ridiculous. For the honor of shooting the auditions for free you can then work on the film for free. After doing my dishes with your sink and soap you will be rewarded with the privilege of throwing out my garbage.
---------------------------

Intern Cameraman and Casting Director need for Casting a Film

Reply to: Gocamfilms@gmail.com
Date: 2007-02-19, 11:37PM EST

GC Film is casting a movie and looking for a Intern Camera man with his equipment and Casting Director or Assistant for the Auditions for a movie.
Compensation for your time will be made upon working in the film starting from April 2007.Auditions will be held on February 23rd 2007 on Friday in Champion Studio in Newyork city.
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:44 AM   #880
Inner Circle

It's really getting BAD!

All the stuff below are or should be "commercial" entities!
a 3 person crew (no job positions) and they want resume's and cover letters. No Pay.
________
CAMERA PERSON WANTED/STUDENTS WELCOME

Reply to: KAJA@JUMPOFF.TV
Date: 2007-02-24, 2:15PM EST

CONEXIONZ ENTERTAINMENT IS CASTING AN AUDITION NEXT THURSDAY AND IS SHORT A CAMERA CREW. NEEDED: 3 PERSONS FOR A 2 HOUR AUDITION PROCESS. THE TV LOCATION IS IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) 59TH STREET & COLUMBUS CIRCLE. PLEASE REPLY TO THE ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS WITH RESUMES & ANY COVER LETTERS IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE. THIS IS THE IDEAL POSITION FOR A PRODUCTION STUDENT, HOWEVER FREELANCERS AND PROFESSIONALS ARE WELCOME.

THANK YOU.
CONEXIONZ ENTERTAINMENT
in affiliation with JUMPOFF.TV
www.jumpoff.tv

For the one below they want EXPERIENCE, Camera AND Lighting Package and specificially eperience shooting in what sounds like difficult shooting conditions and apparently client handling skills, you need to send a reel and this is for FOUR days. NO PAY!!!!!

Experienced Director of Photographer w Experience Shooting Dance (Midtown West)

Reply to: gigs-284125569@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-24, 7:27PM EST

Seeking Experienced Director of Photography w Camera and Lighting Package.

Person should have experience shooting with restrictions and in tight spaces.

Need person who is easy to work with and have connections to access equipment. Also one that is sensitive to the client.

Please send a link to REEL. Must be available March 6th and March 17th.

Committment is needed for FOUR DAYS. It is a FUN shoot and you will work with professional and ARTISTIC people.

Cameraman needed

Reply to: dina.gusovsky@gmail.com
Date: 2007-02-25, 12:34AM EST

Cameraman needed for March 2nd to come to the United Nations to film short interviews with speakers. Clips will be given directly for CNN to be aired. Great opportunity for those wishing to get their shots/film seen!!

Compensation: no pay
Old February 25th, 2007, 04:14 PM   #881
Slash Rules!

Top this:

"i need some help for a month or less

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-284249267@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-25, 12:17AM CST

ok, i need someone who speaks quintanese (sorry if i spelled it wrong) and english (without an accent). i also need someone who has some free time and is good with computers. i have a very complex job for someone that can do it, i need a spy that will pretend not to know me and actually work for me so that i can find out whats going on in my company.. theres gossip and letters that i need to get to the bottom of.. i will read all email responses and/or meet in person if i need to but i want to get everything straight before i move out of town.

Compensation: negotiable

PostingID: 284249267
"
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:42 PM   #882
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
Top this:

"i need some help for a month or less

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-284249267@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-25, 12:17AM CST

ok, i need someone who speaks quintanese (sorry if i spelled it wrong) and english (without an accent). i also need someone who has some free time and is good with computers. i have a very complex job for someone that can do it, i need a spy that will pretend not to know me and actually work for me so that i can find out whats going on in my company.. theres gossip and letters that i need to get to the bottom of.. i will read all email responses and/or meet in person if i need to but i want to get everything straight before i move out of town.

Compensation: negotiable

PostingID: 284249267
"
I dunno, an F900 doesn't work well as a spy camera...oh he's not asking for one? Sorry I was so used to seeing that...
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #883
Inner Circle

Do Ridiculous low ballers count?

A 2 maned camera wedding shot and edited for $500 in NYC no less! He'd probably have to book/shoot/edit 6-8 weddings a month just to cover his costs. I should contact him and ask what cameras he's using because I may be interested in them when he has to sell them to pay the rent and credit card bill. He must be borrowing a car too because he certainly can't make the monthly payments or a weekend rental at those prices. Of course they're likely to have very high hours plus he'd be using them as decks too.

SUMMER WEDDING? BOOK YOUR VIDEOGRAPHER

Reply to: serv-285251432@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-26, 10:17PM EST

Attention all June, July and August Brides...The time is now to start thinking about booking a wedding videographer for your wedding. The closer it gets to the warm weather the harder it will become to book a videographer who will give you good quality work at a price you can afford.

I am a videographer and will give you a quality video at a price that won't break your budget.

My package includes:

Up to eight hours of filming
Two manned cameras to film your wedding and reception
Editing using State of the Art Software.
Two edited DVD's.

PRICE: $500.00

Please email me for demos.

Thank you and Congratulations!
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:30 AM   #884
Inner Circle

This is exactly the kind of cr*p that shouldn't be permitted. He's offering "credit, copy" on "Commercial, Corporate/Industrial" !!!! Of course you need to supply YOUR OWN edit system (computer and software costing thousands of dollars)!

***** Director seeks NEW EDITORS (Students welcomed) (Upper East Side)

Reply to: gigs-286493293@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-03-01, 5:40AM EST

Director with projects in post-production seeks:

Asst. Editor
Editing Intern
Editor

Must have portable Final Cut Pro editing station or FCP Desktop.

Present projects: Commercial, Corporate/Industrial.

Future projects: Movie, Music Video, Instructional Film, TV Pilot

For present projects you get: CREDIT, COPY within 14 days.

For future projects: We'll discuss terms upon completion of 1st projects.
Old March 1st, 2007, 09:36 AM   #885
Slash Rules!

This isn't that special, but hey:

Experienced DP Needed
Reply to: submissions@kolentertainment.com
Date: 2007-02-28, 12:54PM CST

I need a DP for reality tv show. HD cams perfered.

* Compensation: $100-125/day
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business