'er film look tips - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old June 18th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #16
Major Player

Alex, thanks for the article. I'll have to check Premiere to see if I can now play with some of my images like that.

Keep up the work.
Old June 18th, 2003, 08:15 PM   #17
Trustee

Great little tut! I find it really timely too, because I've finally gotten sick and fed up with Premiere, and am trying out Vegas 4 for the first time.

I think it was because of a recent tiny short I edited on a Final Cut Pro 3 workstation. I realized how archaic Premiere really has become. Yeah I know FCPro is a much more expensive tool, but that's not my point. Premiere just feels old and clunky now. Especially now in the day of XP with its slick interfaces and faster, XP optimized applications, (which Premiere is not). I have high hopes for Vegas...
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks Alex. I recently upgraded to Vegas 4 from Video Factor and then Vegas 3, so I'm going to try a lot of these techniques on my next short. For the first short I did, I simply altered the color curves and brightness, but didn't go beyond that.
Bruce A. Christenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Premiere just feels old and clunky now.
That's because it is old and clunky! :-)

I have some hope for v7 (especially a more usable motion dialogue). We shall see.
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #20
High School Student

Yeah, I expect Adobe to do something good with Premiere 7, since Vegas 4 has taken over. Gotta love competition. Many months ago, Adobe contacted someone I talk to online and asked him if he would like to be a beta tester for Premiere 7, since the guy said he liked his videos, his website, and knew he used Premiere...i'm pretty sure he said yes. Hopefully he did go through with it, so I can get some word on if it's good or not. :D
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2003, 03:13 AM   #21
Major Player

Thanks Alex! :)
Nice stuff!
Cosmin Rotaru is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production