TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress For 24p pulldown? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old December 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress For 24p pulldown?

http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2007/0...-24p-pulldown/
Says that the program will perform the pulldown for 24p footage. Does anyone have a tutorial for it? I got the program and I cant import my .m2t files. I am using a Canon HV20. (New to the whole pulldown thing). If anyone can please help me out it would be appreciated i've been trying to figure it out for a few days now with no luck. (My main issue is that the .m2t files wont open in it.)

I've been thinking of the free method but its just all too confusing to set up. I wish someone just came out with a program that will do it all in one easy. (I know cineform does) but I just dont have the money for it.
Joel Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #2
Regular Crew

http://hv20.com/showthread.php?t=1417

Here it is! I have used it and it works great! MAKE SURE TO BOOKMARK or copy to a text or word document. As a fellow HV20 owner, this pulldown removal thing has kind of been a pain. OK, EST bed time.

Thomas

PS. You can use any output format you want, M2T is just nice and small.
Thomas Barthle Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Sayre? Oklahoma or Pennsylvania? I'll have to check your reply in the morning. So sleepy.
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

PA.

Now my only problem right now is that i cant get my captured footage into the program. I capture with Vegas 8, they are .m2t files and they wont open or import into TMPGEnc. Have you had any problems? Maybe there is some codec or something that I need to download.
Old December 27th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Try HDVSplit. It is a free program. I don't have a link but you should be able to google it.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Ive tried HDVsplit as well. Other formats like mpeg, and wmv will import but the m2t files wont.
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Can you import the M2T files into Vegas? If so, you should have the codecs you need loaded on your system. I think maybe if you install VLC Player, it will install all the codecs as well.
Old December 28th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #8
Regular Crew

They would open in Vegas 7, but if I can remember correctly they wouldn't open up in Vegas 8 for some reason.

What is your process?
You open up TMPGEnc 4, then what? You dont have to go into the encoding part.
Old December 28th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #9
Regular Crew

That is strange about Vegas 8. I know 8a was just released, if you don't have it. In TMPGEnc (4.3.1.222 is what I have), I just click on the source tab at the top and drag and drop the file. If you put many files in the source window, the encode process will encode them all together into one big video file, so if you want to batch render, use the batch encode tool in the start tab. I follow that link that I posted and convert them to special M2T files that are true 24p. They open fine in Vegas 7 for me. I'm no PC expert, but I would look into re-installing Vegas if it is not too much of a pain.

TMPGEnc is also great for final renders. I always render my projects from the Vegas timeline to the Cineform codec that comes with Vegas (the Cineform codec that comes with Vegas doesn't work in TMPGEnc) and then down-convert with TMPGEnc to whatever output I need (DVD, YouTube, etc). It is great!
Old December 28th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Ah I figured it out! I went to options -> preferences -> file input plugin -> and the VLC, and mpeg plugins were unchecked. So I checked them, and now I can import .m2t files :)
Joel Bradley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production