Licensing of songs for music video/Public Access TV/internet? - Page 2 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #16
Major Player
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hillsborough, NC, USA
Posts: 968
Diane - I tried to PM you some info but your profile won't allow it. Please PM me at your convenience.

John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #17
Regular Crew
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 48
Some people already touched on this stuff but the mechanical licenses have to be negotiated with the owner of the publishing rights unless they have previously licenced that right to another third party for re-record, in which case she can record her own version as long as she pays the publishing costs. (is it still 8.25 cents?)

The broadcasting rights you have to be cleard with the publisher either way, most TV stations have blanket licenses with ASCAP or the other collection groups so you have to check with them.

Web is a totally different beast.
Jimmy Moss is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

(800) 223-2500
New York, NY

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Texas Media Systems
(512) 440-1400
Austin, TX

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

(800) 323-2325
Mineola, NY

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2018 The Digital Video Information Network