28 DAYS LATER shot on DV, but what kind? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

28 DAYS LATER shot on DV, but what kind?

I thought the director/DP used a cool type of film to shoot 28 DAYS LATER, until I saw in a review they used DV. (The DP has extensive DV experience, which is refreshing--most of the time, they use a film DP trying out HD for the first or second time.) So, any idea what kind of DV camera(s) they used?

heath
Old June 29th, 2003, 10:01 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

Heath- It was done with XL1s. There is a thread that discusses it, including comments from one of the post production members. I'm just not sure WHICH thread it was :)
Old June 29th, 2003, 12:06 PM   #3
Air China Pilot

I'm glad there is a sudden interest in 28 Days Later but ... has everyone lost the power to search?

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...r&pagenumber=3
Old June 29th, 2003, 07:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Another interview is located here in which it is confirmed that the camera was indeed an XL1.

http://www.makingthefilm.com/interview8.html

cheers,

DW
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:12 AM   #5
Major Player

I hear that 28 days later is just coming out in cinemas in the States, well if you havent the time to get to the cinema, just order if from over here. Its been out to buy on DVD for a little over a month now. So you can own it rather than just go to the cinema. I'm sure that you can get it via Amazon.com, I know I get mexican imports via Amazon using UK version www.amazon.co.uk or www.hmv.co.uk. Its region 2, but most DVD players are multi-regional or you can get DVD players on computers unlocked to play any format.
Old June 30th, 2003, 11:52 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Hey guys, in the interests of keeping the subject "under one roof," please continue any discussion about 28 Days at the link provided above... too many different threads gets kinda squirrely for folks doing searches. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production