Using P+S Mini35 as a total "filmlook newbie" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old March 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Using P+S Mini35 as a total "filmlook newbie"

Hey!

I´m planning to shoot a music video for band. It is all pretty well planned and we are shooing on a field, in an empty shop floor and in front of "running" helicopter(s) for a stormy effect.

So first I wanted to shoot with a FX1 but then we got those great locations and I decided to rent more equipment (HVX200 + p+s mini35 adater and lenses, Camera JIB, professional dolly, lightening, steadicam, and much more)

So the problem is just that I´m actually not used to use the HVX200 with a P+S mini adapter. Is it really something different to use a HVX200 than a XL2 or FX1? Do you think we can use the mini35 adapter as newbies? We don´t want to make runs or special stunts with mini35 adapter but just get this great dof shoots and film effect. Shure the adapter is not all - I can also use the Magic Bullet S. with AE CS3 on a friends computer but I think that the adapter plays a great role in it.

Is it hard to get good freehand footage with a 35mini adapter?

Do you have some tips using 35mm adapter? I heard that hight contrast footage is great - like shooting against the sun.

Thanks a lot for your help ! Appreciate it much !

steven
Stefan Hoefinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production