Best shoulder mount for Sony A1E 35mm setup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old May 16th, 2008, 05:04 AM   #1

Best shoulder mount for Sony A1E 35mm setup

Apologies for yet another thread on this, I know I've made many - but now my budget has vastly increased so I'm not buying the cheapest of the cheap any more.

I don't know where to begin looking for shoulder mounts, so I wondered if anybody could help me - I'm gonna be using an M2 or a Letus35 Mini on a Sony A1E, rails, follow focus, matte box, and a magic arm with monitor on it. I'm going to be pulling focus myself so ideally the shoulder mount has to have a single hand grip underneath the centre of the lens so it's balanced properly.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Many thanks
Old May 17th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #2

Oops, this should be in supports.

I had another thought - perhaps I should just get this -

http://www.cavision.com/rods/RS15HS.htm

And then just put some foam underneath the rails where it would rest on my shoulder?

Or perhaps I should use the IndiRails with the shoulder mount? Only problem there being it's a dual handgrip , and it might be difficult to hold with just one hand...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production