InqScribe: Video logging & transcription software for PC & Mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old August 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #1
Wrangler

InqScribe: Video logging & transcription software for PC & Mac

InqScribe - logging & transcription software for PC & Mac

I've been trying to find a good simple way to log video that's been recorded with a tapeless workflow. Or if, you just load the whole tape(s) onto the hard drive and work off that. Most logging features in the NLEs only seem to work with tape drives. If you're working with 50+ hours of video, this can really cut down on the time spent searching through your clips.

InqScribe lets you zip through your captured video and quickly log the best parts. One keystroke enters the clip timecode into the log, after which you can enter comments. Quickly find that spot again by clicking on the timecode entry OR in your NLE by loading the clip on the timeline, adding a time code reader/filter and scrubbing to that point on the clip. It's designed for transcription and great for those of us who like to do paper edits. Can also be used for sub-titles - export to Final Cut Pro is available via XML. There are more sophisticated logging/transcription programs out there like CatDV, but you if you want something fast and simple, check out InqScribe.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Wrangler

One more neat feature. You can create short bits of text that can be assigned to hotkeys. So if you are constantly marking, good, bad, okay, or maybe Sally, Evan, OTS etc. One keystroke will enter the timecode + comment.
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

You guys happy with inqscribe?

I'm trying to figure out which transcription software to use and i'm wondering if you guys have been happy with Inqscribe.
Noam Osband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I"m curious to know what people think of Inqsribe also. I just looked at their website and demo and it looks pretty cool.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production