My feature film, 9:04 AM, is back in webisode form! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old August 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

My feature film, 9:04 AM, is back in webisode form!

Hey guys,

Just letting everyone know I've put the all the webisodes I created from my feature film, 9:04 AM, up on YouTube:

YouTube - mpsdigital's Channel

I'm going to work on a special premiere on YouTube, which I recently heard about (YouTube - Screening Room).

Thanks for watching!

Heath
Old August 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Heath, this is a cool show. Some very funny scenes. Do you mind if I ask what settings do you render to get the smooth look?
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

The overall smooth look, or the scene where the two main characters are walking? We shot on a Z1u in HDV, 50i with CineFrame 25. When I was finished with the rough cut in Final Cut Pro, I used Photo Jpeg at 75% quality in QuickTime Compression settings (YCbCr, no drop in actual quality), per Graeme Nattress' suggestion, then I converted to 23.98 fps in Cinema Tools. Later, I used ProRes 422 instead.

For the walking scene, it was originally handheld, then I used Smoothcam which made it look completely steady, like we used Steadicam.

The film is a feature, but I decided to try it out in webisode form, releasing a two new webisodes every week for 2 months or so. I put it up on YouTube due to extremely popular demand, which made the production team happy.

Heath
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM   #4
Wrangler

This is a great idea Heath. Have you figured out how to use YouTube's new "HD" format feature? It isn't really HD resolution but it is "High Quality" encoded.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM   #5
MPS Digital Studios

Tim! Long time now talk. I'll email you privately to talk about things. Anyway, tell me more about the YouTube HD feature.

Heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production