another magic bullet test video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old December 31st, 2003, 02:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

another magic bullet test video

used my GL1 to record a run through my house. then exported directly to the computer and applied the magic bullet film looks. only edited the brightness of the film look filter a bit to make it brighter. did not edit anything else. here is the video; let me know what you guys think

www.metafilms.net/upload_files/run.avi
encoded with divx so you might need the codec to play.
Danny Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 10:15 AM   #2
Major Player

I tried watching it in my browser and got a ton of artifacting and when I DL'ed it I got some as well.

What codec did you encode in?

Other then that the stuff I could see looked pretty 'filmish' although it did look a tad green to me.

What look suite setting did you use for it?
Kevin Burnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

i used divx to encode the video so maybe that is why. i used the magic bullet film looks to do it. try going to sourceforge and downloading the "media player classic" player. it is the best and can almost play anything.
Danny Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 01:17 PM   #4
Major Player

hey Danny.

VERY sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Yeah, I installed the newest DivX codec and it improved.

I like the look and the grain looks nice. The movement is really what shows off the film look nicely. (although the auto-focus was distracting ; )

What I meant what which of the 'look suite' settings did you use or did you not use a pre-set one? What kind of computer? What were your render times like?

I've played with MB some at a clients shop and sometimes I could see a MASSIVE improvement in the 'filmic' look of things and other times I couldn't. (shrug)

thanks for sharing
Old January 14th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #5
Regular Crew

What type of camera are you using there.
Anthony Meluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 04:55 PM   #6
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Anthony Meluso : What type of camera are you using there. -->>>

me or Danny? Dan said in his first message he shot this on his GL1
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #7
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Kevin Burnfield : hey Danny.

VERY sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Yeah, I installed the newest DivX codec and it improved.

I like the look and the grain looks nice. The movement is really what shows off the film look nicely. (although the auto-focus was distracting ; )

What I meant what which of the 'look suite' settings did you use or did you not use a pre-set one? What kind of computer? What were your render times like?

I've played with MB some at a clients shop and sometimes I could see a MASSIVE improvement in the 'filmic' look of things and other times I couldn't. (shrug)

thanks for sharing -->>>

hey, i used the "coolish" preset and customized it a little bit. my computer is a athalon xp 1800+ with 768 ddr ram. render time if i remember correctly was less than 1 hour.
Danny Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production