DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Techniques for Independent Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/)
-   -   just facts: another guide to digital filmmaking (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/23564-just-facts-another-guide-digital-filmmaking.html)

Olivier Vanaschen March 26th, 2004 01:03 PM

just facts: another guide to digital filmmaking

Hello everybody !

we've just finished our small filmmaking guide based on the experience we got making "Marla.".

You'll find a illustrated homemade MINI35 how-to, shooting tips, post-production tips (how to get the best out of DV), references,...

It's available as a PDF file on the movie's website www.marlathemovie.com (in the bonus section).

Thanks again to everybody for the nice feedback, you are the reason why we made this guide. We hope you'll find it useful, please send us your comments.

Olivier & Sebastien
www.anotherstateofmind.be
www.marlathemovie.com

Brandt Wilson March 26th, 2004 01:11 PM

Thank you Olivier. I've enjoyed the film and it's various looks, and look forward to reading your take on the process.

Keith Loh March 26th, 2004 01:19 PM

That's great Oliver. I look forward to reading it. Yours is one of the best examples I've seen posted here.

John Jay March 26th, 2004 04:50 PM

KOOL

John Chia March 26th, 2004 05:40 PM

i'm a real admirer of your 'Marla'

so this has been a long time coming for me :)

Olivier Vanaschen March 27th, 2004 03:27 AM

Thank you so much! Your support means really much to us !

Christian Hede Madsen March 28th, 2004 04:16 AM

Hi Olivier.

Thank you very much for the guide. i am looking forward to reading it.

Your film Marla is really something.
I have seen it 10 times now;)

I like it because it is different and the look of it is also fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing your new work...

Olivier Vanaschen March 30th, 2004 01:42 AM

Thank you very much Christian !!

We have to finish the DVD for the movie and the DemoReel DVD for our small production company and then, we'll start our new projects. I can't wait to shoot something new, we spent too much time in front of a computer the last months :-)

We're so happy because many many people downloaded the guide and start to work on their kit, plan to shoot movies,...it's just great !

Everything's moving so fast ! Someone is going to pass the link to the website to ChuckPalahniuk.net and maybe even to Chuck himself (author of Fight Club)! We can't be believe it ! We keep our fingers crossed !

We're goint to have a screening in Brussels, last monday of april, it was selected by FutureShorts(.be), our first screening. We can't wait to see how it'll look on a big screen :-)

We never ever thought it may work that well, so thank again to everybody here at DVinfo.net !!

Olivier & Sebastien
www.marlathemovie.com

Christopher C. Murphy March 30th, 2004 05:52 AM

Great Job!!

I like the look, feel and everything...having the give-a-way book only makes us feel even closer to the experience.

Thanks!

Murph

Travis Cossel April 2nd, 2004 02:33 PM

Hmm . . . when I try to load www.marlathemovie.com, it acts like it's loading, and then it stops, and nothing shows up. Anyone else have this happen?

Olivier Vanaschen April 2nd, 2004 04:37 PM

Thanks so much Murph !

Our site is sometimes quite slow because of the many connections, we're sorry. Here's a mirror site: http://www.originalversion.net/marla.html

Olivier
www.marlathemovie.com

Travis Cossel April 2nd, 2004 06:41 PM

Okay, thanks. I'll try that.

Malc Bilton May 10th, 2004 02:22 AM

just facts: another guide to digital filmmaking

Thanks a bunch Olivier & Sebastien for your pdf. I'm very new to this scene so it's treat to get such direct and clear information. Your quite correct all that information in internetland is ... well, I get a nose bleed when I try to get my head around most of it!

Like Marla lots - looked great on my TV too!

Federico Dib May 10th, 2004 07:29 AM

Good reading, thanx for sharing.

<<< Donīt give up until your mum believes you did shoot a real movie >>>

Je je je.. thatīs been my number 1 rule since I started doing this...
(well mum, and wife but neither of them now anything about film-video etc.. so their advice is really important to me).

Sharon Fraats May 12th, 2004 08:26 PM

Damn Good Trailer