Question on "Saturation" - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old November 30th, 2004, 06:54 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Rob,

If render times in post for "instant sex" get too much for you, I would suggest trying this little feature on your TRV-950.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=28751

My experience with this has been excellent.
The flash motion trick yielded a "slightly" better image than a standard de-interlace in post, akin to what would be expected from a so called smart de-interlacer plug in.
The only trick is to roll the flash effect bar level indicator completly off and THEN back to just one bar.
Yes, I know, doing it in post gives you the ability to reverse the process but, I did tests and knew what I was going to get.
Give it a try, I think you'll like it.
This also seems to de-saturate the footage slightly giving a pleasing curve right out of the camera.
Douglas Akers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #32
Major Player

Wayne,

Color Finesse looks pretty cool (though I don't much care for the price tag). The one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to key frame it. Have you gotten that far?
A. J. deLange is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production